Seed's Reefer 350

Seed

Well after about a year with the C250 I decided to change it up and get the reefer. Overall I think it's just a better setup and of course has the sump. The differences between the units are night and day.

A lot of the stuff I already had but here is the build

Reefer 350 Black
Vortech MP40QD x 2
Vortech M1 Return Pump
JBJ 1/5HP Chiller
RLSS R6-I Skimmer
About 80lbs of Pukani Dry Rock that was bleached and dried and all that stuff
BRS Deluxe Carbon Reactor w MJ1200 Pump
BRS Deluxe GFO Reactor w MJ1200 Pump
50lbs or so of Fiji Pink
Kessil 360WE x2
Finnex 500w Titanium
Tunze ATO w/ATO Solenoid
Apex Controller
WXM Module
LSM Module
PM2 Module
Ph/Conduct/Temp1,2 Probes
3-Light LSM LED Moonlight Array
Mechanical and Electric Float Switch
Breakout Box
BRS Alk/Calc Dosers
Netgear WNCE3001 Extender

Here's a couple pictures as I'm setting up. VERY excited to have a real sump for the first timeIMG_7054.JPG IMG_7057.JPG . Going from a 28 nanocube to the CSM250 to this is a pretty fun ride although I wish I went straight to this kind of setup. Oh well live and learn.

IMG_7054.JPG IMG_7057.JPG

Last edited:

Seed

IMG_7129.JPG Slowly starting to get all the parts together. Here is a night shot. No moonlights yet. Will look into installing that in a few days. For now I just need to work on wire management.

Last edited:

NickF

The reefer 350 looks like a top tank and you obviously know what you are doing, can't wait to see :thumber2:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
great start - very pretty !

index.php

Seed

IMG_7149.jpg IMG_7150.jpg I guess this is sort of a blog for this tank. So I've been spending a lot of time getting all the parts together. I also had to install some moonlights. The Kessils lack this so stole an idea from another forum on using an aluminum bar with 3 Neptune LEDs and their LSM module.

The APEX is an amazing thing. Just pressing the FEED mode and having the tank go still for 10 minutes then firing up the ATO 5 minutes later automatically just blows my mind. I've been reading about APEX for probably 6 years or so maybe longer and never really understood how easy and informative it can make life and really how much it can add to the tank experience.

Next is the Tunze RO/DI solenoid with an electronic and mechanical backup float switch and a couple dosing pumps then I think I can work on final wire management.

Overall really happy with this tank. It's been fun and never a chore to get all the bits sorted.

Seed

Installed the top off solenoid and backup float. Also had time to setup the dosing pumps and do some cleanup of the wiring. Easily the most fun I've had setting up a tank. It only took 2 months.

IMG_7154.jpg IMG_7153.jpg
Time to celebrate with a 22lb brisket. GO PACK GO!
IMG_7152.jpg

Squatch XXL

Time to celebrate with a 22lb brisket. GO PACK GO!

I smelled Brisket, I had to comment. I love the tank, but please don't use that brisket to cycle. Use a single deli shrimp. Save the beef.

Your electronics look quite neat and very futuristic. Almost like a mechanical room on the Enterprise.

Seed

Added a breakout box over the weekend and installed a mechanical and electronic float switch on a new corner acrylic plate. I needed a spot to install a backup switch or two to the solenoid ATO. It's nice not having to deal with filling an external water supply. You can also hook up another solenoid to the RODI to run once a week for 12 hours to fill the tanks provided you have enough storage. I have about 15 gallons of RO/DI water in tanks that lasts me about a week with good back pressure.

IMG_7180.jpg