See how they grow!

Craig Manoukian

Travis,

There is on of these Branching Hammers at the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, CA, that is as big as a basketball. Would be interesting to know if they are experiencing the same situation as you have described. I don't recal exactly how much polyp extension there was on that specimen.

Both your's and their's are awesome!

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

Cosmic

Might also be less water flow coming to it as the corals around it got bigger and starting absorbing the movement more?

I have a branching hammer that has grown almost as fast, but it grows sideways if need be. Once it got up into the heavier currents, I started getting more extension than I cared for. It got to a point where it was letting out long tentacles stingning neighboring corals around it.

Careful what you wish for :D
Cos

Dennis7

Travis,
My branching hammer didn't extend well in my main tank at first. I had to keep on moving it to fine the right spot for it.
I thought too much flow would cause hammers to retract?

gumhead

Have you changed your lights?
My bubble does not expand as much as it used to since I switched to 250 HQI's. I believe it just doesn't need as much light, so it doesnt expand as much.

ScottT1980

Sorry to interupt but Montana, it is hard to take you seriously with that avatar! That thing is absolutly hillarious...

Ok, cary on :D

Take er easy
Scott T.

ReefLady

Staff member
Gumhead, that's a good point. It may have started expanding less when I changed from 2x96 to 3x96. :)

Thanks!

T

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Originally posted by ScottT1980
Sorry to interupt but Montana, it is hard to take you seriously with that avatar! That thing is absolutly hillarious...

Ok, cary on :D

Take er easy
Scott T.

OMG, Johnny!! That av is hysterical!! I love it!!!

gumhead

ok lets bump this thread up and see some more growth pics!!!

I'll do another one.
This is my Larry Jackson Acro about 9 months ago...

2713acro015.jpg

Here it is now...

2100703_05.jpg

Last edited:

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Wow.......thats is some great growth...You MUST be using 2 40 Watt NO's :p ...............j/k

PSU

Craig Manoukian

Awesome Dave, thanks for the bump. Need Travis and Mojoreef to post their before and after pics, eh?

What about the rest of you guys 'n gals out there?

:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk:

danny254

Great thread guys, I just chopped down my biggest coral that grew from a frag! So I can post a pic of the stumps.

brian_e

well i was going to post some of mine but i have to resize all of them first and can someone tell me how to post more than one pic at a time

Craig Manoukian

brian_e,

Resize your photos to 75% and ipload to the proper category in your photo gallery.

Ue the [ img ] syntax and copy the properties after right clicking your photos and close with [ /img ] syntax (no spaces). Space down and repeat to add more pictures to a post or post two pictures in separate posts.

HTH:) :D :cool: ;) :p :smirk: