Sea water analyser

orieng

Will somebody please invent a water analyser that will calculate the calcium, Alk, Mg, Fe, I , No3 , Phosphate and other levels that we aquarist need to know. I am tired of running all the testing for the different elements that is necessary for a cool tank. If we have blood sample analysers I am sure that somebody can invent a all in one analyser with a reasonable cost. Request the scientist types amongst us to get working ASAP. Maybe the inventor will also get a. Nobel for Reefkeeping..

clairebear

I think there is one being developed - it's called mindstream aquarium monitoring system. Unfortunately all the blood analysers in my lab cost between 80k and 250k! And they don't test in the range that I need lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

orieng

From what I hear some of the manufacturers supply this blood testing machines for free. The catch is that you have to buy the reagents from them which is in fact quite expensive...

yorkieUK

PREMIUM
Hi Greg,
Nice bit of kit.
It will be interesting to see what price it comes out at, plus the cost of the discs?

Wayne.

clairebear

Oh yeah sorry think the actual device will be $600? But I thought the replacement discs would be more expensive as well :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

What's the most we can currently monitor with a currently released consumer product or products? I mean i knew the testing necessary when getting into this hobby... actually i didn't know it would be so much work but it is still fun. I've seen PH readers and Salinity. Are there others?

Matt spivey

There's the seneye reef, not even close to what you want but still the nearest thing I've seen. It measures temp, ammonia, ph and various light parameters and sends results to your computer, I've read it will email you if anything is out of line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oxylebius

There are also the Horiba Scientific’s LAQUAtwin probes, which are all ion specific, meaning they test just one parameter, and they are available for Nitrate, pH, Salt, Conductivity, Sodium, Potassium and Calcium.

But, they are not quite ready for use in reef tanks. Seems that they are fine tuned to measure Calcium, Potassium and Sodium in the relative absence of other ions. This means that the LAQUAtwin probes do encounter interference from other ions, as in the LAQUAtwin Calcium probe is affected by magnesium levels above 1000ppm, which wouldn’t work well for reef aquarium use.

Read more: http://reefbuilders.com/2013/04/15/...-scientific-mighty-interesting/#ixzz3NYhrcnUU