Scotts Piano Tigers!

ScottB

Just thought I'd share my tanks with the picture hungry community! So let's start with the 20 fresh.
20G L, custom made windowed canopy, Coralife dual T5. Inhabitants include Burt and Ernie (2 baby Oscars) and Rascal (Pleco) as well as an assortment of all live plants. Photos of course:
DSC_1856.jpg

DSC_1852.jpg

DSC_1646.jpg

DSC_1673.jpg

DSC_1639.jpg

DSC_1847.jpg

phantom2991

very very nice, but i hope you have a bigger tank to re-locate the oscars and pleco to. the oscars will require atleast a 55 gal tank when they matures and the pleco will get 21 inches if not longer at maturity.

ScottB

Thanks for the comments!... Phantom, yes we do have other larger tanks to relocate them to. I just had to rescue them from the horrible conditions they were in at the pet store. They're much happier now!

ScottB

when i first got them (which was only like three weeks ago), they were very reluctant to move around much, hide down in the back bottom corner and would only come out when no one was around (or so they thought hehe). but after about a week, the realized that people were the ones providing them food and now they LOVE to see movement around the tank.
I'm seeing that one of them, Burt, has noticeably darker "darks" and Ernie has noticeable oranger coloring. I have no idea on how to "sex" them or tell their genders but if it was based on coloring, I'd say I may need to have a name change from Ernie to Penelope.
Any ideas on gender'ing oscars?

ScottB

This one has a hang-on filter, not underground filter. Not sure if thats what you were implying or if you merely laughing at the thought that you used to use one... haha

ScottB

haha, yea.. the roommate just got a free canister filter from a friend and decided he wanted to hook it up to his 55g in his room (carpet). He put the entire canister inside a 5g bucket in case it leaked... 8 hours later, while he is gone, his tank is missing about 6 gallons of water.. yup... you know where it ended up
Took about 3 weeks to get the smell of fish water out of the carpet... no more canister filter