Salty Supply

cioutlaw

Anyone order from them before? I ordered A RO/DI over a week ago & still cant get an tracking # after requesting multiple times. They offered a discount to RS members but it didnt work on thier website at the time I ordered(that has been corrected). I know these things seem minor but I really dont have extra time to email back & forth trying to get issues worked out. Now I dont even get email responses. Price was hard to beat...I guess you have to pay extra for customer service nowadays.

cioutlaw

My RO/DI showed up today & it looks nice, price was great & im sure it will work fine. It was actually drop shipped from the manufacturer. Saltysupply did return an email last night & said they had a family issue & would send a tracking # today. Still no # at 7:20pm thier time. I understand family emergencys come up & what not but if your customer support comes to a screeching halt for a week straight then your bussiness will not last long. I have 2 cell phones & a laptop with an satilite connection near by all the time.

BarbMazz

I placed an order with them on Sunday night and it was shipped today. I ordered a phosban reactor and a couple of pumps.

Will you order from them again? Do you still care about the tracking number when you've already gotten the merchandise?

cioutlaw

I placed an order with them on Sunday night and it was shipped today. I ordered a phosban reactor and a couple of pumps.

Will you order from them again?
I doubt it

Do you still care about the tracking number when you've already gotten the merchandise?

No, does me no good now. I like to have them so if there is a shipping problem I know & I can also make a couple trips home from work ( live very close)that day so my $400 RO/DI isnt sitting out on the porch.

I hooked it up & discovered a leak from 1 of the fittings that is cracked. Now I get to go buy parts to repair my new RO/DI.

Kind of interesting that they cant give me a tracking number but they are still able to take orders:look:

naperenterprise

Must have gotten a good one...

I think you should call them up if its broken. Tell them about your experience and give them the chance to make things right for you.

It may have just been a bad week for them.

I know how family matters can cause serious impact on business, they may apreshiate your call to make a good customer happy again...

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Sorry to hear about the leak!

I'm with you 100% on the tracking#. Even though it was shipped and did arrive it could have been lost/delayed. One MAIN reason why I point this out is the "issue" I had with my replacement fan for my light fixture. I've YET to get a tracking # but they claim they have one which includes confirmation but they wont give it out. Bad customer service!!!

:)

cioutlaw

Its 200GPD & I added a Chloramine filter upgrade. I work at a Power plant where we have 30,000gpd RO/DI system & have had problems with high Chlorine from the city so I thought that might be a wise choice.

I called the manufacturer to order something else & told him about the fitting & he had no problem sending it with my other order. The RO/DI is from Aqua FX & other than the broke fitting I have no problem with them & they were very helpful on the phone answering some other questions. I was going to order direct & then Salty Supply offered 5% off of the same RO/DI for RS members. Aqua FX looked like a nice unit & I found no negetive comments on a Google search along with them being a RS sponsor. Maybe Im being hard on Salty Supply but it just seems customer service from SOME online vendors is very sub par & I have had to deal with a few of them latly.

Jojo I have heard good things about the Reefguys & Air,water & Ice among some others, but chose a RS sponsor

BarbMazz

It could be a one-time bad experience, too. Like I said, with the order I placed on 3/16 I received an email confirmation immediately, then a shipping notice on 3/18 that included the tracking number. Sometimes bad things happen at good companies.

Also, if an order is drop shipped from the manufacturer, as in this case, it could be a communication glitch on the mfg side, too We drop ship things for customers all the time, and believe me, that increases the chances for mistakes!

cioutlaw

It could be a one-time bad experience, too. Like I said, with the order I placed on 3/16 I received an email confirmation immediately, then a shipping notice on 3/18 that included the tracking number. Sometimes bad things happen at good companies.

Also, if an order is drop shipped from the manufacturer, as in this case, it could be a communication glitch on the mfg side, too We drop ship things for customers all the time, and believe me, that increases the chances for mistakes!

Thats true & I agree. I completly understand companies have off days & make mistakes. But when I get told twice they would get a tracking #, other emails just plain ignored & then told the reason for delay was a family problem yet they still have time to take new orders(yours) & just yesterday they had time to post a new sale on RS. They had a week to clear up a minor mistake & apparently didnt find it important.

JoJo

hey outlaw, glad to hear they're a sponsor, i didnt know. its even better there's no negative comments. so FiltersGuys arent sponsors?

JoJo

man, how much i hear about them on here i was sure they were sponsors. i'll check on the Aqua FX, i'll be ordering a unit really soon.