Saltwaterfish.com

Anyone use Saltwaterfish.com ? Me and a buddy placed an order and within 24 hours half of the order has died between the both of us. One lionfish that was eating, one sailfin tang and two green clown gobies. All were swimming around after acclimating them. Wondering if we had a fluke order or if this happens on the regular ?

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Sorry for your losses! Hope someone can come along with some ideas of what may have happened. Did the order arrive on schedule? What are the temps where you are?
I've personally have only ordered 3 times from on-line sources. Two were good experiences & one (not from the one you got from) was much less than satisfactory.
I'll have to say, acclimation is a stressful process for both the stock & the stocker most of the time. Made me never want to order on-line for live corals when I had my bad experience.

DaveK

Also, consider the time of year your ordering. Right now most of the USA is in a heat wave. That tends to cause a lot of problems with fish shipments. Better to place orders in the spring and fall.

reefguy

I only order from Saltwaterfish.com and they are awesome. I have had no deaths from them and that includes corals.

Going to agree with Dave because there is a major heat wave in the USA right now and I would say anything that is being shipped right know has a 80% chance of making it even with ice packs.

I sell corals online and had to suspend shipping because it has been an average of 100 degrees here where I live and I tested to see how bad the conditions to ship are and sent a friend of mine in Atlanta a test coral to see how it held up in a insulated box and 3 cold packs and the bag water after the trip was 82 degrees. After 19 hours in shipping.

So that's my long answer to your answer lol. It has to be a fluke. I love Saltwaterfish.com

I used the drip method and dripped somewhere between 60-90 minutes. all were swimming in the container and after I put them in the tank. Then the next afternoon is when I noticed my green gobies were upside down done for. My friend used the adding water to the bags method in two seperate tanks and he had the same thing, fine at first then the next day is when all the problems were noticed with his lion fish and sail fin.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Man that stinks! Sorry to hear of this.

Did you contact them yet? I think they offer a decent guarantee but be warned... most places (and I can't speak for SFW.com) will only give you credit to purchase new from them..

Corvus

Guys,

I dealt with this vendor recently and must say the experience left quite a bit to be desired. Once I have the time to do so, I will post more details about my transactions. Stay tuned....

C.

I've ordered from them a number of times and for me it's been the luck of the draw..most of the time I have no problems but I wouldn't order anything sensitive from them.

I've ordered from them twice. The first time all corals and fish arrived alive with the exception of one fish, which was refunded. The second one all corals arrived just fine. So far so good with them.

RSM250 w/ Steve's LEDs

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I've also ordered from them and haven't had serious issues. On one order a blue-green chromis arrived DOA and they refunded my money in short order.