HELP! Salt Outside Tank On Glass

RonB

Sorry, don't know all the terms and can't seem to post in the red sea forum. I've had my tank for 2 years now. Lately, there seems to be a very slow leak or spillage that collects on the glass outside the tank and eventually leaves a salt trail (creep?)

I clean the tank and in a few hours later, I see this (see pic).

Is there a way to simply lower the water level within the tank? Water seems to be above the lip.

Thanks20151230_202511 (Medium).jpg 20151230_202523 (Medium).jpg 20151230_202525 (Medium).jpg 20151230_202547 (Medium).jpg

soco

Sorry, don't know all the terms and can't seem to post in the red sea forum. I've had my tank for 2 years now. Lately, there seems to be a very slow leak or spillage that collects on the glass outside the tank and eventually leaves a salt trail (creep?)

I clean the tank and in a few hours later, I see this (see pic).

Is there a way to simply lower the water level within the tank? Water seems to be above the lip.

ThanksView attachment 44801 View attachment 44802 View attachment 44803 View attachment 44804
Sounds like the seal around ur top back has a small hole. It is possible to locate the hole and fill it. But silicone doesn't seal ti silicone very well. So u may have an ongoing battle. As far al lowering the level. That depends on ur system and overflows.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

soco

If water is above the lip than it sounds like ur overflow is blocked and more water is comming back into the tank than out. U may wanna take apart and clean your overflows

Ron B

If water is above the lip than it sounds like ur overflow is blocked and more water is comming back into the tank than out. U may wanna take apart and clean your overflows

Thanks. I think some time ago, the overflow section in the back was a bit clogged and I cleaned it and the problem went away for a bit. Then it seems like it came back a month or two later. Cleaned them again and it just didn't help anymore. Guess I'll try again, but it would be great if the level could just be lowered.

I have the red sea Max S-500. (should've said that from the beginning)

soco

Idk the red sea tanks but try to lessen the flow back into the tank until u can figure the overflow problem. Do u have a flow valve on the return pipe?

Ron B

Idk the red sea tanks but try to lessen the flow back into the tank until u can figure the overflow problem. Do u have a flow valve on the return pipe?

IT is my thing, not fish tanks. It's all foreign to me. There are a couple of adjustment nobs below the tank. I bought this model because it was all inclusive and less hassle. My shortcoming is, I never bothered to really understand it. I will also clean the filter mechanism tomorrow which will hopefully make the flow better and hopefully stop this problem. I cleaned the overflow on the back. The water is now only over half the lip (left side of tank) rather than the entire thing. Obviously this means the left side is a bit lower. It's too big for me to shimmy it right, which is why I was hoping there was a simple adjustment I could make to the level. Sorry, I'm sure I sound incredibly stupid :)

soco

IT is my thing, not fish tanks. It's all foreign to me. There are a couple of adjustment nobs below the tank. I bought this model because it was all inclusive and less hassle. My shortcoming is, I never bothered to really understand it. I will also clean the filter mechanism tomorrow which will hopefully make the flow better and hopefully stop this problem. I cleaned the overflow on the back. The water is now only over half the lip (left side of tank) rather than the entire thing. Obviously this means the left side is a bit lower. It's too big for me to shimmy it right, which is why I was hoping there was a simple adjustment I could make to the level. Sorry, I'm sure I sound incredibly stupid :)
Take some pics of he "knobs" and let's see if we can figure out what u need to adjust

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics