Salifert Alkalinity, Low Resolution Vs. High Resolution

The results I'm getting from the Salifert Alkalinity test seem to be odd. It's a new test and has a exp. date of 2014. I've noticed if I do the low resolution test I get a higher dKH vs. the high resoltuion test. Which is more accurate? The test using the 4ml sample? I performed the test twice each way and got 9.3 dKH (low resolution) and 8.75 dkh (high resolution). I know the test is being performed correctly as I've tested with salifert kits serveral hundred times. Does anyone have a contact email for Salifert? Thanks

Does anyone know of any really accurate digital meters out there for calcium, alkalinity.... What do the salt companies use to check these parameters?

jpsika08

Salifert are one of the top brands you can get, forget the Hanna, they are a pain and unreliable, to me, a waste of money.
Even better than Salifert is Lamotte, expensive but top notch.

Back to your test, I usually do 4 drops instead of the 2, I would use the low solution test in case I want to test the alkalinity coming out of a calcium reactor for example, but for measuring the tank, I always go for higher solution.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I use a Hannah meter for alk and works great, easy to do, too. The calcium checker is isn't any faster or easier than doing it the old way.

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
Ok maybe i'm an idiot but when filling the 1ml syringe it says "draw into the syringe the KH reagent till the lower end of the black part of the piston is exactly at the 1.00 ml mark." now by lower end are they referring to the end attached to the white part of the syringe or the oposite end? Also when I get to that point what type of air gap should I see .01 or .02. These might seem like stupid questions but the instructions are very vague.
Sorry to hijack the thread just didn't see the need to start a new Salifert KH thread.
Thanks