RSM Worksheets converted to Excel

ToeSloth

So I'm going to use excel to start tracking my tests so I thought I would share my base file that I created from the Red Sea Word document. Hope you all like it!

I will be happy to post the changes I'm going to make to auto chart the recordings as well. If anyone has something they would like to have added or would like to share, go for it.

RSM Maintenance Log.xls - Windows Live

Best,

Chris

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Great minds think alike! I also use Excel to track all my test results too, and my sheet looks similar to yours. I use the A column for the mm/dd/yy date and a last column for comments. Other than that pretty much the same.

ToeSloth

Great minds think alike! I also use Excel to track all my test results too, and my sheet looks similar to yours. I use the A column for the mm/dd/yy date and a last column for comments. Other than that pretty much the same.

I was thinking to just use the notes feature on cells to make specific notes, but an additional column for comments overall would be a great add as well. Thanks!

I think I will have a additional sheet with a running test log added soon that will have a running date in column A as that does seem to make more sense moving down the road with charting.

Chris

DaveK

Could you post your spreadsheet someplace other than Windows Live?

Us Linux users can easily process an Excel spreadsheet with Open Office, but really don't want to sign up for a Microsoft product to see your work.

Thanks

alphasierra

Here's a screen shot of what I've been using... also created from Excel. Created formulas that show the monthly and total averages as well.

RSMFigures.jpg

ToeSloth

Could you post your spreadsheet someplace other than Windows Live?

Us Linux users can easily process an Excel spreadsheet with Open Office, but really don't want to sign up for a Microsoft product to see your work.

Thanks

I was looking for another place originally to post the excel file but didn't see one that was open to the public that didn't require people to sign up. If you have a good place for me to post let me know and I will put it there.

Best,

Chris

ToeSloth

Here's a screen shot of what I've been using... also created from Excel. Created formulas that show the monthly and total averages as well.

RSMFigures.jpg

I really like the look of yours for the log that I was talking about adding, mind if I copy your layout? or you wouldn't mind posting so other can use? that would be the best!

Chris

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
turbiville - that's a pretty nifty piece of software! I might cough up $24 and buy it if it ran on Windows, but it looks like it's only for Macs? The expense tracking option I would NOT want to use - I don't want to know what this has cost me LOL!

alphasierra

turbiville - That program looks great. I have looked everywhere for a program for the mac. Thanks indeed!

ToeSloth (and others) - Feel free to use this layout. As for posting the file, it's a little difficult, so if you'd really like it, PM me your e-mail address and I'll send the file to you. Just let me know which version of windows Excel you use ('97... '04 etc) and I'll convert the file to make it compatible with your version.

Here's another screen shot, one many of graphs...

RSMgraphs.jpg

ToeSloth

Ok I have made a daily log like the ones shown by others and put it up as the same link as before.

I don't think I have all the Scientific annotations correct..I couldn't read those off the image that was put up. too fuzzy! :) So some help here would be good.

Public - Windows Live

Charts to come tomorrow - static and dynamic ones that you can change item and dates on the fly.

If someone could PM me the other spreadsheet I would appreciate it!

I wish they made that maquarium app for windows or at least port that to iPhone so I could use it! Just for all you Linux and Mac peeps out there...I love 'em all just can't afford the mac and PC hobbies together,

Best,

Chris

ToeSloth

Here is a Screen of what I did so far...like I posted yesterday I will be working on charts today hopefully...depending on how work is going. :)

RSMDL.png

Best,

Chris