RSM Sand question

sprintermike

I got my 130D a couple of weeks ago.
I was hoping to set up the nicest tank I've ever had, so I went out and bought sugar sized aragonite.
Does anyone have experience with this?
I'm beginning to think that it will NEVER settle down. I'm almost feeling certain my water will be milky for years to come.
Can anyone offer suggestions/tips?
Thanks,
mike

I recently changed from crushed coral to aragonite. It was milky for about 24 hours and was quite clear within a few days. Your skimmer should be picking up the excess powder from the sand. What brand did you use?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
sprintermike - No experience here with the sugar sized aragonite problem, so I can't be of very much help. How long since you added the substrate? Did you rinse it at all before adding to the tank? Do you have a powerhead pointing down that may be keeping it stirred up? Does the 130D come with the fine white filter pad, in addition to the black sponge? If so, are you running the filter pad that will catch finer particles and rinsing it every day? I'm guessing the milkyness has to go away eventually. You might try a post in the "Just Starting out" or "General Reef Aquarium Discussion" sections to maybe get a better response. I know I've heard of this problem before, but I don't know what the solution is. Don't give up - you'll get that nice tank look that you want.