RSM (Red Sea Max) Owners Club

grandy

Snelly40 Thanks, I knew that (you don't have the RSM, but your dad has) ... just forgot already!!!

snelly50 Thanks, for the info. I have my ChemiPure in the last chamber too, under the power heads, with LR rubble placed on top to hold it down. I don't use the ceramic media either. Is Pinky sending you the fan replacements, too?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
steveh - we'd love to have you participate in here with us. In fact, this thread is not limited to RSM owners anyway. I've learned a lot of things from non-owners and from reading as many other non-RSM posts as I have time for. And with your knowledge of the tank, and your connections, you would be a most valuable resource!

grandy

steveh - we'd love to have you participate in here with us. In fact, this thread is not limited to RSM owners anyway. I've learned a lot of things from non-owners and from reading as many other non-RSM posts as I have time for. And with your knowledge of the tank, and your connections, you would be a most valuable resource!

I agree, there is much to be learned from many people & everyone's input is valuable. :)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
My goodness I thought I was at the end of this thread when I replied to steveh, and here I am near the end of another page! This thing is growing exponentially (sp?).

For everybody's information, I've been working with Witfull and the other staff here to try to arrange a RSM subforum & subcategory type setup that will make it easier to post on different RSM topic areas, and to try to arrange things before the thread gets so long that it's hard to find something we're looking for. I remember that difficulty well from a previous life! Hopefully Witfull won't be PO'd at me for letting a bit of the cat out of the bag, but I think you all knew from one of his previous posts that the staff was trying to help us out by giving us some organized setup to grow into. I semi-willingly accepted the task as a pseudo-leader for the RSM group to help him with ideas, and I think you'll like what they come up with. Remember - the success of any "club" like this is participation by many people, not one. I'd rather be thought of as one of the group, and/or a friend, than the "leader". YOU folks will decide if we're successful or not. Stay tuned!

grandy

My goodness I thought I was at the end of this thread when I replied to steveh, and here I am near the end of another page! This thing is growing exponentially (sp?).

For everybody's information, I've been working with Witfull and the other staff here to try to arrange a RSM subforum & subcategory type setup that will make it easier to post on different RSM topic areas, and to try to arrange things before the thread gets so long that it's hard to find something we're looking for. I remember that difficulty well from a previous life! Hopefully Witfull won't be PO'd at me for letting a bit of the cat out of the bag, but I think you all knew from one of his previous posts that the staff was trying to help us out by giving us some organized setup to grow into. I semi-willingly accepted the task as a pseudo-leader for the RSM group to help him with ideas, and I think you'll like what they come up with. Remember - the success of any "club" like this is participation by many people, not one. I'd rather be thought of as one of the group, and/or a friend, than the "leader". YOU folks will decide if we're successful or not. Stay tuned!

I like the old adage "I must hurry & catch up with the others ... for I am their leader"!!!
Reefmack, you are a great spokesperson for the rest of us & I'm sure everyone will agree that you are a friend who has lead the way!!
Wow - sub-categories!! That is going to be a great advantage for storing so much useful info that has had to be repeated many times along the way. Also, easy to follow different topics. Can't wait to see the categories ... any idea when they will be 'born'?????

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Grandy - I'm waiting along with you and everyone else. I have no idea on the timetable. I'm sure the staff will let us know. We may just wake up to it some day :) I'm glad you agree this will be a better way than in the past, and the way we are headed again, based on this thread growing so quickly.

I must be posting too much - I just noticed that I've already evolved from a tunicate, then a tubeworm, and am now a Bryozoan. That's pretty cool!

snelly50

Grandy. Pinkie was alittle vague about whether she'll sned me a fan or just get me info where I can buy one. She did send me two installation guides. One for the fan and one for the timer. If I can figure out to to post them here I will. In the meantime, if anyone wants a copy just blast me ur email

SWFish

All - I think I've been elected leader by Witfull and we're PMing on his ideas as I'm totally clueless at forum setup stuff! :) If anybody has objections please say so![/B]
:columbo:
:dunno: Has Reefmack been interviewed for the position????
:makefun:
:smack: .... With all due respect WE ARE HERE because of Reefmack!

BTW.... lcstorc, hoping you are OK in Cocoa, FL....???

SWFish

grandy

:columbo:
:dunno: Has Reefmack been interviewed for the position????
:makefun:
:smack: .... With all due respect WE ARE HERE because of Reefmack!

BTW.... lcstorc, hoping you are OK in Cocoa, FL....???

SWFish

Hello SWFish!!!:hallo: I'm sooooo glad to see you here!!
Grandy (aka donna53, aka donna:rainbow: )

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
SWFish - You really liven up the place, as always! To quote you: "Has Reefmack been interviewed for the position????" - I wish I had - I would have recommended you! :) Not easy making decisions for new and old friends! :surrender:

Witfull

Has Reefmack been interviewed for the position????
he was drafted~
he was hand picked form a pool of one~
he was closest to me when i needed a body~
everyone except reefmack took a step back when i asked for a volonteer~

pick one....any reason to serve him up to the reefgodz~
(sacrificial lambfish)

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Witfull - I loved your response! Why couldn't I think of the word "drafted" - that fits perfectly! :)

grandy

:lol: Witfull: You're right ... the rest of us scattered ... pronto! 'left Reefmack holding the bag, but he's our :crowd: #1 draftee!!
SeahorseBT I am looking forward to your pics. Hopefully more members will add some this week-end too, & we'll have a photo fest!

I'm off to our cabin on the lake for the week-end but will check in Sunday night. By then I'll probably have a few pages of reading to catch up with.:yehoo:

Witfull

ok,,,folks,,,hold off on the photos.....gimme time to work on travis to wave his mighty HTML wand~

BUT,,,you can start a tank journal in our chronicles forum......HINT HINT!!!!!

Witfull

then add a link to your sig so anyone can click and see your tank spotlighted

(mine is some 1700 posts long,,,lol)

Witfull

*****'s RSM adventure

*****'s RSM roller coaster

see example titles,,,work your identity and go for it~

Witfull

i never trust water i dont make myself. it has fairly good reviews, but even witha small tank. a portable RO unit to use for top-off and water change usage has the greatest dollar return. last time i checked it ran appz 7$ per 2gallons. for the indevidual WC it sounds cheap.....but over a yr,,,2 yrs,,,3 yrs..its $ out the window without knowing what you are putting into your tank.