HELP! Rsm c250 skimmer

aptech77

Well finally after 1yr 3mo, my stocks skimmer pump is on the fritz. Anybody have a recommendation for a placement skimmer that will fit in a C250? Tunze 9004 perhaps? Will it fit? Any others to consider? It appears that stock replacement pumps are hard to come by, and if they only last a year thats junk in my book.

aptech77

Last Sunday I pulled it apart, gave it a good cleaning like I do every few months. Last night I came home from work and it wasn't running. Pulled everything apart, gave everything a good look over reassemble and it started to work again. Then this morning while I was sitting down having breakfast I heard it stopped working. Again, polled everything apart, inspected everything, lubricated the shaft with a little bit of ptfe grease and put it all together. It ran for 5 minutes and then stopped. So i turned the switch off. Came home tonight just minutes ago, flip the switch and it started to run again. These stock pumps are Italian made junk.

aptech77

Just contacted Red Sea to inquire about replacement pump since nobody else online has it in stock. Well, neither does Red Sea, and apparently there is a two to four week lead time to get them from Italy. Looks like im screwed. ....

aptech77

Thanks for the measurements it looks like the skimmer should just fit in the back of my sump. I was able to stop at Aquacave on my way into work today and they had the exact skimmer needed in stock I will install tomorrow and report back on how it goes. Thx

aptech77

She fits right in. 1/4 on each side and plenty of extra room to the far right. You can easily fit one if not two more of these in there if you wanted to. Not that you would though.

Attachments

• 1485805301711-1135184514.jpg
    516 KB · Views: 58

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cheers ! thanks for sharing !

index.php