RSM C130 now running with a radion xr15w and tunze 9004 skimmer

OnTheSQ

Ive had my radion xr15w in and running for a couple of week just got the tunze 9004 today I'm now sitting in near silence watching the tank pics to follow

OnTheSQ

Ok here's some pics
e00e0211b6b36bcc12a24c3df06b9703_zps48fa0beb.jpg

e5e6cdcbbf3901663da6746c6435b84e_zpsd018a30f.jpg

OnTheSQ

The radion sits nicely in the space, I glued some blocks just to stop it moving when the hood is opened
a4f0cc50cb49e701044e8b849afe4651_zps58094cf0.jpg

OnTheSQ

No the skimmer I've read loads of links about the tunze 9004 not fitting in the Red Sea max 130, but thanks to charter house aquatics trying it out last Sunday, I ordered it and it fitted it yesterday mounted on the side just moved the heater down, so quite it's great
c846f73d164067c0c64272322d9a8291_zps030713ba.jpg

d89d420d77f924af85abfd547fd2137d_zps6e0117b9.jpg

OnTheSQ

No nothing at the moment...... Can you think of anything I need to fit in there... I'm holding out for a vortech pump at the minute maybe if I've been a good lad I might get it for Christmas

spiraling

Would it be possible to post a picture with the light on the tank?
I am interested in that same light and I'm wondering if it is too much of a 'spotlight' effect in the tank.

OnTheSQ

I love the xr15 but think if you worried about spotlight effect go for the xr30 I was told to go for the pro version as you can wind it back and if you decide to go for a larger tank in an up grade it will still be usable. The down iside is the fans on the xr30 are on the bottom of the unit where they are on the top with the 15. If you worried about spot light and still want the light in the hood perhaps go for two xr15s

TB Aquatic

Any updates now that you have had the leds in for a while? Temperature (in hood and water temp), coral growth, anything you would have done different with the install, etc. I have a new radion xr15w pro and was thinking of installing it. Unfortunately not a lot of threads that continue after initial install.

cliffc

I am curious as well. How are things going with the Radion in the C130? Do you have the clear plastic light cover installed in the hood to protect the Radion? It is hard to tell from the photo.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Rooprect

Hey SQ. Looks beautiful.
I have a couple questions about the 9004.
1. Do you find it a hassle to have to lift the whole hood in order to check the skimmer cup? It appears you can't access it through the back cover anymore.
2. Were the magnets strong enough to hold the skimmer through the plastic trim on the side of the tank?
3. Does the skimmer obstruct the tank overflow? It appears to be right up against the grates.
4. Did it just slide in, or did you have to force it a bit? I know the hinge for the hood makes the clearance a little tight in this area.

Great work showing us your progress! Pretty tank.

Sincerely,
Roop

OnTheSQ

Hey SQ. Looks beautiful.
1. Do you find it a hassle to have to lift the whole hood in order to check the skimmer cup? It appears you can't access it through the back cover anymore.
2. Were the magnets strong enough to hold the skimmer through the plastic trim on the side of the tank?
3. Does the skimmer obstruct the tank overflow? It appears to be right up against the grates.
4. Did it just slide in, or did you have to force it a bit? I know the hinge for the hood makes the clearance a little tight in this area.

Sincerely,
Roop
Hey SQ. Looks beautiful.

Sincerely,
Roop
it did fit ok the magnets just hold it through the plastic although its now redundant. ive built a sump and now have bubble magnus curve 5 wow its another league. running the sump from diy syphon. gonna drill tank soon.