RSM and Current's Powerbrite LEDs

Dash10

Hey all,

For the life of me, I can't find any solid information on people incorporating Current's Powerbrite LED Lighting System into RSM's. I've seen a few folks mention it here and there in various online forums and have even deconstructed people's how-to's on installing them in other nano's, but nothing relating to RSM's!

I'm looking to get that shimmer effect in the RSM without having to worry about additional heat and any significant modifications to the RSM hood.

Has anyone tried these things on the RSM?
Any suggestions on mod'ing the hood?
Any experience as far as additional heat goes?
Out of the three models available, which might be best for the RSM? (10,000k Daylight, 460nm Actinic, or a 10,000k/Actinic combination)

I've seen these in action at LFS's and they look great... thought it might be useful for everyone to get some feedback on some of these LED lighting systems as the 'shimmer' effect, in my opinion, is the only thing the RSM lacks.

Thanks!

Link to Current's Powerbrite LED Lighting System:
PowerBrite | Current What's Next

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I can't answer your question, but I'll bump your post up to the top again to see if anyone can. I think someone has added these or similar.

echopiece

Mrfishy has something similar to the Powerbrite's. Some hood modification is required. I think they look great, and will consider buying a set.

IMG_4125.jpg

Here is the link to the LEDs. Aquarius Koi and Aquatics Limited TMC Lighting

I think he has one reef white and one reef blue led strip.

Slickcg33

i have 3 of the actinic ones over my solona. They dont do anything for coral growth as far as i know, but they make everything POP beautifully and great shimmer. their spread isnt much unless you get distance between them and the tank... like i said i have 3 on a 20" by 20" cube

edit: also they dont produce any heat

Arreola

JOHNY:
Thanks on the info. my French never got very good.
Maybe it got something to do with spending too much time at Sir Winston Churchill at St. Catherine St. LOL. :apint:

I wanted to put 2 of those things on my RSM, but don't know how much benefit it does for the corals.
Guess I need more information on the PAR and K° rating of those lights.