RSM 250 - Tunze ATO 3155 Osmoltor - location for sensors?

smcore

Howdy

I'm from Canada, and purchased a brand new RSM250 super cheap a few weeks ago. I just purchased a Tunze ATO 3155 Osmoltor. I'm planning to use a large (new) plastic garbage bin to hold the water for the ATO. Lucky the wall that the tank is sitting against has nothing on the other side of that wall, so I can run hoses, etc. through the wall to the other side and into the bin where everything will be hidden/out-of-sight.

That being said, where are most of you putting the sensors? I read through many threads and some some people put the sensors/floats in the left chamber... others in the right chamber (where the heater is), while others split it with the sensor in one of these two chambers, and the float inside the tank itself.

Mischko

Assuming you are not having a filter sump, I suggest for preventing overflow to put the main sensor in the main tank though it does not look nice then. But that is the spot you want be sure it won't overflow then.

iggypoo

i have also recently purchased the tunze ato and am planning on having it fitted soon.
is there a thread on here with specific details (preferably with pics) of exactly how its fitted on the RSM250?

imaccat

Hi

I have the sensors in the right hand chamber as the water level is less likely to fluctuate for the wrong reasons ( in the left chamber the water level drops if the fine filter clogs an this would turn the pump on and you would get more water in the tank that you need. I run the cables out through the slot at the bottom of the power centre and have the reservoir in the left hand cabinet. Here's a photo, which also shows the chiller hoses, which makes it tight but works fine.

4820579805_b8b81909be_b.jpg