RSM 250 Glass or acrylic

bobman

Hi

Just noticed some scratching on the outside face of the tank, cannot understand how as Ive only had the tank a couple of weeks and all I've used to clean it is an algae magnet, or damp (freshwater) kitchen paper for the outside if the glass.

Is the tank glass or acrylic as it is my understanding magnets should not be used on acrylic tanks. The only other thing I can think is it was scratched when new but it was boxed and never displayed when I bought it

JKT69

Hi. The tank is glass. I had a small piece of substrate caught in my magnet and didn't realize it and put a small scratch on mine. Good thing though is it is close to the top, and I believe glass scratches can be repaired easily.

websurfer

Ya sand can get caught up in the mag
I always let it float up a bit then let it attach and keep doing that to make sure no sand is caught up

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
brucewrs - correct - glass scratches are very difficult to remove - acrylic is easy (but scratches easily). Bobman - since your scratches are on the OUTSIDE, check the outside part of your mag scraper to see if you somehow got a piece of grit or sand on it. There's also a remote chance that you got a paper towel with a piece of grit embedded in it - I've worked in the paper industry for about 40 years and this can happen, especially with towels made from recycled paper. I put a small scratch in mine when I dropped a piece of rock against the outside when first setting up my tank.

Nowellsy SNR

I try and not to look out for SCRATCHES when i do find one i allways seem to know exactly where it is lol

Never going to stop it wear and tear