Rsm 130 filtration

adam2411

Hey all,great site loads of info.

I have just picked up a second hand rsm130,only been reefing for about 8months so still very inexperienced.

The guy told me the filter material and carbon were in the media chamber,got home removed pumps and there is nothing in there,do I have to get what it says to put in from the manual or is there any other ways other people have worked round it.

I am transferring all my water,livestock and rock from my current tank to the rsm

Will post pics bit by bit

Tnx for reading

You can buy the carbon online from several stores. Buy the Chemi Pure Elite. You dont need the white media. Do however purchase the black sponge that sits in the chamber to the right of the skimmer. Good luck

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary and the RSM Club, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Here a direct link to what I ran & my setup ... http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/44439-glenns-rsm-130d-24.html#post782512

gbose

Lakersfreak,

I'm still a noob (about 18 months into SW), but also got a RSM130 used at a yard sale. You have a lot of filtration options. Personally I use Seachem Matrix, Chemipure CPE and Purigen in my filter (all are available at my LFS). Others say they use little or no filter material and rely on their liverock. Mine has worked for me so far......

Good luck!

GBose

adam2411

thanks for replays,have ordered the cpe and purigen gonna try Glenn's mod I think,I have taken a few pics now so will try and put them on later.