RS Wavemaker and Positioning of Power Heads

Edison

I recently found a used Red Sea Wavemaker on eBay and was wondering how other 130 owners position the power heads?
I picked a couple of Koralia nano heads at the LFS & I already have one.
Right now, all corals are located on the bottom half of the talk. I'm saving the top area for SPS but we probably won't add them for a few more months.
Should I place the heads opposite each other or on the same side but at different depths?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I recently found a used Red Sea Wavemaker on eBay and was wondering how other 130 owners position the power heads?
I picked a couple of Koralia nano heads at the LFS & I already have one.
Right now, all corals are located on the bottom half of the talk. I'm saving the top area for SPS but we probably won't add them for a few more months.
Should I place the heads opposite each other or on the same side but at different depths?

I think typically you'd have wavemaker powerheads on opposite sides, to get the best results.

Edison

I think typically you'd have wavemaker powerheads on opposite sides, to get the best results.
That's what I was thinking as well but the manual that came with it disagrees. It says to put them all on one side but at different depths.

I think that what I'm going to do is first position the stock heads so they both are pointed towards the surface and then have one head on both sides & probably save the third one for when we add the SPS and other critters to the top of the talk.
Thanks for the info. :fishy:

Last edited:

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I guess follow the recomendation and if you don't like it try opposite sides. With mag mount Koralias it's easy enough to move them!

drydens

I use 2 of the nano koralia's and the RSM Wave Maker. I have them on opposite back corners tilted down.

Corals are very happy.