RS for Mobile Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReefLady

Staff member
I have just installed a system that *SHOULD* sniff out a mobile device and deliver the "Lite" skin that's optimized for viewing on your phone/PDA/smartphone.

I have tested it using my Treo PDA and it works great... after the home page, which is still a little image heavy.

I can't guarantee that this will work on regular cell phones, but it should work on Treo, Motorola Q, Blackberry, and some of the other "smarter" mobile devices.

Give it a shot and let me know how it works!

T

billyr98

Re: Beta: RS for Mobile Devices

well i got script error, after my first treo post.. :(

i will play more tomorrow... but so far no posts going through..

Treo 700w for me, BTW..

ReefLady

Staff member

Hmmm... worked on my 700P. You may need to have javascript turned on?

mps9506

Looking forward to it, but I have to wait until I get a new treo, I lost my Samsung blackjack in the Detroit airport last week. I'm waiting for my contract to expire to switch plans and get something along the same lines. But this is right up my alley as I find time to get on the web hard to find now. :(

Warnberg

not sure what it's supposed to look like, but this post is from my axim

ReefLady

Staff member

not sure what it's supposed to look like, but this post is from my axim

Sweet!

If you change your skin on your computer to the "Lite" skin, you can see what it should look like.

ReefLady

Staff member

Awesome... waiting to hear from the Blackberry crowd, since I know they can't put those things down... I'm counting on another 100 posts/day from those guys! :D

avaloncourt

Well, I posted from my iPod Touch (which should be seen the same as an iPhone) and used the "Post Quick Reply" button and there's nothing here. The Lite skin looked fine.

avaloncourt

ok, there's significant problems using an iPod touch (which should be seen by the system as the same as an iPhone).

I did a first post from the Touch and it didn't work. I did a second from a PC and it took. I did a third from the Touch and I got an error message that refreshed so fast all I got of the error was "Empty delimiter" and a bunch of string-related text but it posted (which is what I'm editing now). When I came back on the PC the original PC post I made was gone.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF

Avaloncourt - your first two replies were awaiting moderation prior to public view. I am not sure why since there was no link in them (normal for spammers).
Travis?

avaloncourt

Hmmm... That's odd. Seems strange that it moderated the Touch post but didn't for the PC post.

Apparently things are ok then but I did get that "empty delimiter" error screen when I posted the second one from the Touch.

vdituri

While it may help the post count I believe the nations productivity is about to plummet. lol

Like Christmas parties and sneaky Santa exchanges weren't going to suck all our extra hours away. Now we'll be posting from anywhere at anytime! lol

Awesome... waiting to hear from the Blackberry crowd, since I know they can't put those things down... I'm counting on another 100 posts/day from those guys! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.