Ronald McDonald Zoas

JAXReef1

Hi all,

Counting myself very lucky to have bumped into these today via one of my buddies. Haven't seen anything like this before and had to jump on it.... some of the polyps actually have an orange center thus far, will see how they turn out once they fully open/grow out. ....hoping to get more pics soon.

py7u4eje.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Doogle

Rename them "drooling doogle" be use they are hot!
I've been looking @ orange colored coral for a minute.

Very nice, I wouldn't mind if you renamed them...ha!

SubRosa

That's what those are called? I was given a frag of them and some rastas last month and neither of us had a name on those. Thanks!

JAXReef1

That's what those are called? I was given a frag of them and some rastas last month and neither of us had a name on those. Thanks!

Yep, these are a morph a buddy at the LFS has been working on for some time. Ive seen yellow/Goldish zoas, but I've personally never seen anything like these before. These things are insane...wish I had a better camera besides my phone.

JAXReef1

Rename them "drooling doogle" be use they are hot!
I've been looking @ orange colored coral for a minute.

Very nice, I wouldn't mind if you renamed them...ha!

Ha, we'll depending how well they grow out, maybe. Can get some frags going in the future to share the love!

SubRosa

The guy I got them from has had them for about a year now, and I believe he said he paid $50 a polyp. He hooked me up with a nice little 6 polyp frag. Due to past considerations I have free frags for life from him. I can't wait until the absolutely insane Acros he paid $150 and up for 1/2" frags grow out!

DaveK

That is a really nice zoa, but I just couldn't bring myself to call the "Ronald McDonald" zoas. I'd have to come up with another name for them. (grin)

SubRosa

1. How do I get in on this "free frags for life" thing.

2. Who the heck names zoos anyways?

1. When this guy was 12 he used to come in and bother me as I was running the reptile dept at a large pet store in the early 80s. Instead of telling him to hit the road I used him as slave labor, but answered any question he asked to the best of my ability. We lost touch for a while and then I was working at an aquarium specialty place and he came in bitten real good by the reef bug. We've been in touch ever since, and I help him out with more technical stuff. But the free frags was put into words after I spent 14 hours helping him move his mother in law. Still think it was worth it?

2. Who cares as long as there are pictures?