Robert's 20GL Reef Tank

710Reefer

You are very welcome ! Look forward to seeing your new clowns ! If you decide you want me to change this threads name, just let me know to what & I can make that happen :dance:

They don't need a host to be happy & may pick any of many corals - my candycanes host mine

No hurry on picking one... I have seen many corals hosting clowns

Can you please? I don't feel right with the bsjf as the title:look:. Robert's 20GL Reef Tank would work, or should I add clownfish tank in there lol?

That is good to hear, and comforting to know that I'm not limited to a nem. Im def going to be adding candycanes, Duncans, hammers, and some torch corals. They should be happy with some of those I'm guessing lol.

I loved the color of the clowns I chose, almost looked like one of them had a single Dot separating the middle stripe. :fingerx: Cant wait to see the 2 and think of some names. Im not good at naming anything haha..

Ill get pictures tomorrow after they settle down a bit.

reefle

really sorry t hear about the bluespot. he was a pretty one and you put so much work into the tank! I'm glad you're moving on though.

My clownfish actually hosts my torch coral, another a duncan, and a third used to sit in my flower pot all day. Seems like they'll take to about anything :)

710Reefer

really sorry t hear about the bluespot. he was a pretty one and you put so much work into the tank! I'm glad you're moving on though.

My clownfish actually hosts my torch coral, another a duncan, and a third used to sit in my flower pot all day. Seems like they'll take to about anything :)

Thank you, I was really enjoying him in my tank. He was so much fun to watch poke in n out of his burrows. Wish I would have found him before he died and saved him, but I needed to move on and learn from that..

I love watching clownfish on youtube videos and have wanted a pair ever since I took down my old 72 gallon bow front. I had a single clown and never added the second. Now after my bsjf teleported out of my tank, I need a pair.
Thats cool how they pick just about anything lol. I want a nice red flower pot, thinking that and a torch coral would work in my tank. I have a duncan in my other tank I might bring over. I need to make a trip to my LFS,maybe they bought something new in.

710Reefer

Got the pair of clownfish today.. Had everything ready for them to get acclimated, after floating and adding 1/2 cups of water I added them to the tank. Love how they are always together and already exploring the tank. Although I think they found their preferred spot of the tank, the do swim around and seem active.

I noticed some white spots on the clown with the dot separating its center stripe, is this due to the shipping or maybe from each other? I fed them a few hrs after adding them, they did get some food but dismissed it after a few bites. Ill try and feed them tomorrow. Other then that I think they look good, I also added a frogspwan to my tank, getting a hammer tomorrow for a good price from another reefer.

Now here are the pics, Ill try and get better shots tomorrow:bouncer:

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope everyone is having a great day, or night. :goofy:

reefle

oooo I hope it's not ich!!

Some people will say put them in a QT tank but since they are your only two fish, I say just take care of them really well and they will battle it on their own.

710Reefer

oooo I hope it's not ich!!

Some people will say put them in a QT tank but since they are your only two fish, I say just take care of them really well and they will battle it on their own.

If I had the qt up I would def put them in there, unfortunately I don't have one. I hope its not too, but to me it looks like it might be. Anything I can add or remove to help them battle it?

Only one seems to have it on its side, the other looks like faded scales so I'm not sure.. Hope they do good, don't want them to suffer or anything..

710Reefer

What do you guys think? Does this clown have ich? To me it looks more like a scrape, but then again I've never had a fish with ich so Im not sure. It doesn't have any other spots, nor does the other clownfish. I hear they get it on their fins first, is that right? Hope it doesn't have it.. :waa:
sorry pics are not that clear. They move quick and my camera phone is not the best.

710Reefer

My lfs said it might be a fungus, anyone agree? They took the fish in and decided to give me credit for future coral or fish. I don't want to add anything to the tank that would make anything else get sick.

710Reefer

Im not having luck with any of my fish.. Im going to order another pair and hope I can keep these happy. So sad, i feel like poo...

Snid

Awww... Rough start. Hang in there though. You'll be happier in the long run. You seem to be taking fairly appropriate measures whenever possible, so don't doubt yourself or your abilities. ;)

710Reefer

keep your head up mate!
Thanks reefle! I sure will, Im trying to get passed it and just do what I can. I know not all fish survive but I feel bad for the little guys when they get sick or pass away. Glad people on here are super cool and always helpful.

Awww... Rough start. Hang in there though. You'll be happier in the long run. You seem to be taking fairly appropriate measures whenever possible, so don't doubt yourself or your abilities. ;)
Thank you, I know ill try and do anything in my ability to keep future fish happy. I know sometimes I'm a little hard on myself, but that helps me learn new things and maybe gather knowledge I wouldn't have by asking and going through these experiences. Although I don't like what happen to my fish, I'm happy I will be able to keep this info and use it for the future.

Thanks for the encouraging words! I truly appreciate it..

710Reefer

Hello RS, just thought I would let everyone know that I'm expecting a new pair of clownfish on Tuesday. I saw the pair of Sanjay's Snowflake Black Photon clownfish on Liveaquaria and decided to use my credit and order these beautiful little guys. I was talking to a representative on the phone for a 30-40 minutes about these fish, genetics, feeding, qt, also the bonded and select pair difference. After the talk I decided to order them and try again with another pair. Glad they didn't sell, he told me these go FAST!

I sure hope to keep them happy, and safely acclimate to my tank. These are going to stay with me for a long long time :fingerx:
:thumbup:

Thought I would include a chart of the genetics for this pair.

710Reefer

Decided to take a few shots of my coral, not much in the tank yet but ill get around to filling her up. I want some colorful zoas and more mushrooms. I have my eye on some zoas, also I planning on adding more frogspawn and hammers (can I keep these close together?) to make it look larger.
I found a good place out of town that sells some good coral for great price and everything is so clean and pest free.

710Reefer

My pair of Black Photon Clownfish are doing great, glad they arrived in great health and good spirits. They started to eat a day after I added them to the main tank. The male lost some of his color while shipping, but regained it when in the qt tank.