RO System

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
BRS is reputable but Filter Guys are too.

I'd go with either of those two. It just depends do you want the Dual Output (Drinking water) option or not? I'd say YES but I LOVE to drink water!!

LPS_Blasto

I have the Filter Direct RD102 that was in your first link. I've had it for about 5yrs. Not a single problem with it. Works great.

I did purchase the booster pump with the unit and I'm very happy I did. I think they work best at MINIMUM 60-65psi. Call Oscar at Filter Direct and ask him for specific working pressure. I bought the pump because I used to live in an apartment where the water pressure was only 30psi. The unit would only drip out clean water. Installed the booster pump and now it will fill a 5g salt bucket in about an hour.

I'm currently upgrading to dual RO membranes and a new restrictor valve. When I lived in the apartment, the water bill was included in the rent, so I didn't care how much water went down the drain. Now being a home owner, I'm paying for every gallon, so I elected to go with the 2nd membrane.

Eventually, I'd like to store my rejected water in a tank and use it to wash clothes. It's an expensive upgrade though. For now, I have my waste water line stuck down the washing machine drain. If I happen to be in the laundry room when the RO unit is filling my top-off tank, I'll grab the waste line and stick it in the washing machine.

I'm due for a filter change on the first RO membrane and also on my carbon, sediment and DI resin. All those items will be arriving this week---- maybe Thursday or Friday. If you'd like, I can take pics of the process.

I know nothing about other RO systems. Lots of good reviews about BRS systems, but I have no personal experience.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
One plus to BRS, and not to take anything away from The Filter Direct guys is that they show videos on their BRS TV that i think was pretty cool.....that's hopw they talked me into the 75 gpd Dow membrane!

Looks like you have 2 good options here.