RO/DI suggestions?

I'm looking to buy an ro/di filter and I've read several reviews on here and other sites, but some conflict and some are old, so I figured i'd just ask. What do you use? What do you suggest?
Thanks!!

Big Ray

Has been struck by the ban stick
HEllo
I use a 4 stage RO/DI with pressure pump since I live high up in a condo and water pressure isnt high up here.
the pressure pump makes the life of the resins longer.

+1 for Filter Guys

This is where I'm planning on getting mine from and I've heard nothing but fantastic reviews from people on other forums as well as they are very polite as I've spoke with them about a couple of my questions.

DBrinson

I really like Spectrapure's RO/DI "MAXCAP", I have owned three of this model (or the closest model to it) over time.

Silicates are a long-term problem I have encountered a few times in the past, they are difficult to remove (skimming won't get 'em) and often trickle through RO filters. If you use nutrient removal to keep certain algal blooms under control, getting a DI stage dedicated to silica removal may be worth the trouble.

jgoldwood

Here's mine
Aquarium Water | Reverse Osmosis | RODI Water | ReefKeeper Water | EXTREME TYPHOON III 150 GPD RODI with Gauge & TDS Alarm & Dual TDS Meter

The only issue I had was getting the added booster pump adjusted, other than that unit and pump are excellent. I also didn't get the 10% discount for being a member of RS but I didn't find out about that till after the fact which was my fault.

My new Typhoon III Extreme should be here Friday. I might have to get with you if I have any issues.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I suggest DI if you want 0 TDS coming out of the Ro Membrane you will likely have 4-8 tds.

I run an added dual DI setup to compliment my 5 stage typhoon :D it keeps me from having to replace the DI as often and seems to help it last longer but that could be just my imagination.

Have a look
2010-09-26221803.jpg

I plan to add another 150gpd ro membrane down the road but this is more than sufficient for the time being.

Sweet!! I think I'm going for the Filter Guys one!! Thanks everyone!! My final question is- how hard are they to use? Hook up and maintain? Pretty easy?

Thanks again!!

PWA

I picked up a 5 stage plus from BRS and absolute love it after break in I get 2 TDS after the RO unit and 0 after DI.

Easy to hook up with supplied parts, just used a water pump pliers and about 15 mins to mount and install.

PWA

MY LFS guy says he uses a filter from Air, water, and Ice for both his store and home. Anyone know anything about these guys?? :)

LatinP

MY LFS guy says he uses a filter from Air, water, and Ice for both his store and home. Anyone know anything about these guys?? :)

Probably talking about these guys:
Aquarium Water | Reverse Osmosis | RODI Water | ReefKeeper Water | Products and answers for your water treatment needs.

RO/DI units are fairly standard these days with a few Janaese knock-offs being the execption pretty much the ones you get from within the US are all fairly good and all have passed FDA certification. I got a 4 stage RO/DI from Purely H2O or H2OScience as they're known on E-Bay it was priced well and works wonderfully. Heres a link to that FL Aquarium Water Filters Reverse Osmosis Booster Pump GFO Nitrate DI Carbon

I got my ro/di filter today from Air, Water and ice but it looks like I am missing part of the installation instructions. I have the written part, but not the diagram. Instructions say "see diagram" but I don't have any!! I need to hook the drain line directly to the drain? Anyone have the typhoon5 that they can take pics of or something so I can see what to do???