restructuring my salt tank

Rakahrd

im taking down a 65 gal hex and replacing it with a 55 with 2 10 gal sumps connected together
I have a 590 gph pump 2 circulating pumps ans a 3-way return to tank. using 2 current USA led lights (24"), 4-5 " sand bed and live rock from my previous tank.
I am hopint to eventualy keep some corals in it . it is still going through the cycling stage now growing hair algae.. wil it be a long time before the tank clears?

Squatch XXL

wil it be a long time before the tank clears?
Get a test kit and monitor the cycle progress. At about 1 month from setup is when I will test (if I test). Normally the cycle is complete or nearing the end. When the cycle completes, do a great water change of at least 20%...more is better.....then from there start stocking clean-up-crew members. This is your hermit crabs and snails that eat everything that is missed. Depending on your algae type, some of the crew types do not eat. Building a CUC specifically for your needs is going to be the next step.

Rakahrd

they are ordered 30 cerith snails, 20 astria snails,10 florida cerith snails ,20 blue leg crabs 5 turbo snails 10 redleg crabs, 2 green emerald crabs, 1 lettuce nudibranch.
hoping this will work
plus mu bare crew now 5 bluelegs and 5-6 snails + 12 narssarius snails

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Hello Rakahrd :wave:
:rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:

Start a tank journal in the Reef Chronicle forum & share lots of pictures as you go. It's fun and helpful BOTH to share the hobby.
:camera:We L:heart:VE PICTURES!!
Hope you make Yourself at home here :couch: and let us enjoy your new set up with You!

Very BEST WISHES....:cruiser:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

Rakahrd

Hello Rakahrd :wave:
:rbwwelc:WELCOME to Reef Sanctuary :crowd:

Start a tank journal in the Reef Chronicle forum & share lots of pictures as you go. It's fun and helpful BOTH to share the hobby.
:camera:We L:heart:VE PICTURES!!
Hope you make Yourself at home here :couch: and let us enjoy your new set up with You!

Very BEST WISHES....:cruiser:
I dont know how to do a tankJournal..sorry my first day here

Rakahrd

I dont know but several references suggested similar CUC's it is a total of 100 along with the dozzen I have now. some will go into my refugium.

StirCrayzy

That's a lot of cleaners , but should be fine, if you don't have a lot of algae, feel free to feed em some pellets or other food..