Replacement Skimmer For C130

Shamisen

Hello everyone. My first post here.
I joined as this place seems to have the best support for Red Sea aquariums. I have a C130 that I've been running since March but it runs ridiculously hot. Alot of this heat is due to the skimmer. I want to replace the skimmer with a completely different one but all I can find are skimmers that fit in a 130 or 130D and not much about the C130. I've been looking at the Tunze 9001 and the Aqua Medic Turboflotor 500.
Will these fit the C130? I'm based in the UK so would prefer equipment available here.

Thanks

Ste

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a new tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along - we love pics :)

Sure some C-130 owners can advise on alternate skimmers.

Here is a post - you may be interested in.... related to temps

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...aearins-new-rsm-c-130-tank-2.html#post1271457

rhogeo

I'm running the Aquamaxx HOB-1 Hang on Back skimmer. I've been very happy with it's performance over the last 12 months.

spiraling

I know both the tunze 9001 and the turboflotor 500 will fit. I have been doing the same research. My turboflotor arrives later this week. I chose it because it is supposedly quieter and skims more.

Shamisen

Thanks, I have looked at the turboflotor. I know that it fits in the 130D just wasn't sure if it will fit in the C130 as the chamber configuration is different.

OnTheSQ

Hi there I've changed my c130 skimmer for the tunze 9004 it's great and near silent, in posted a thread for the mod also including fitting a radion in the hood
58b7dec883d04868cd0d978c348c9a8d_zpsbbc13702.jpg