Replacement skimmer for 250 ??

Boovey

Right guys I'm after your advice again ,, are there any other good skimmers that will fit my 250 without adjustments , something that will just drop in ,, thinking tunze 9002 ??? Many thanks mark

Malexiam

Right guys I'm after your advice again ,, are there any other good skimmers that will fit my 250 without adjustments , something that will just drop in ,, thinking tunze 9002 ??? Many thanks mark
I would not replace the original, learn to tune-in the skimmer to work properly as many have, there is a big relation between the skimmer, your filter pad been clean (which will affect the water in rear compartments and), the surface skimmer level and the actual water level windows...that needs to stay if all possible near the top, a auto top off system is so needed on this system I think should have been standard from RED SEA Inc.

check this member tank thread, he actually has helped me with algae problems and his tank speaks for itself...

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/69151-toks-rsm-250-a.html

good luck

Marcos
Florida, USA

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I'd like to add that once I got my stock skimmer tuned in correctly it did a TIP TOP JOB skimming.
I have since added a sump/refugium with a larger (more expensive!) skimmer & it still doesn't skim as good as I had my RSM 250 stock skimmer doing.
null_zpsfab08381.jpg

Boovey

Right thanks guys I have tried every link , but will try to tune it in one more time ... Arrr

YNot

Something that I discovered with my skimmer while cleaning it at the sink was that the stock adjustment valve will shut of air flow when turned all the way in either direction.

I was cleaning it and had soaked it in a vinegar solution. While rinsing I noticed water running through the valve. I turned the valve all the way in one direction and the water flow stopped. I turned it all the way in the other direction and it stopped once again. For the past year I thought that all the way in one direction would shut off the air flow and all the way the other direction would be wide open.

Not...

So...turn it all the way in one or the other direction and start turning/tuning from there.

I also cut the line and added a simple plastic air flow valve that was easier to manipulate than the stock air flow valve.