Remember when.....

michael_cb_125

Ah.....my first "real" reef. it was not my first tank, and I had others with coral previous to this one. But I consider this my first and best tank to date. I actually made the tank. My friend made the stand, and I pieced everything together.

Here are a few progression shots:

DSC00585.jpg

DSC00713.jpg

DSC00925.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00981.jpg

DSC01004.jpg

michael_cb_125

Thanx.
It kind of makes me sad to look back.......
Seeing the pics of Jose actually make me tear up :(
Gah...I am such a pansy:(
Sigh...I am actually crying :(
The things I tell you people....I must really LOCE you guys.
~Michael

michael_cb_125

That was one of his favorite places. He was the tank look-out. It was so funny to watch him swim to the front of the tank from his post to look at me.:)
He was a great fish. Definitely not your typical BSJF.
~Michael

ReefLady

Staff member
Wow, that is a gorgeous tank. Great pics too. It's awesome to see how it progressed. The jawfish is (was) beautiful. I know I've been away for a while, but what happened to him? Any plans to get another?

lcstorc

That was a great trip down memory lane.
I always loced your tank Michael and we are all with you in missing Jose. He was a very special fish.
Those are some great pics and really show the tank well. Great full shots and awesome macros.
Thanks for sharing the trip through time.

michael_cb_125

Thanks everyone.
Teri- Jose was transfered to my 240. After a few months, he found a tiny little hole and jumped out. :(
I found him on the carpet, all dried up.:(
I actually Cried:(

But I am setting up a tank in my room, and I plan on adding a pair of Blue Spots. :)
~Michael

ReefLady

Staff member
Oh man, that is sad. I would have cried too. There's nothing like a fish with personality.