refugium question

asphalt guy

ok this might sound totaly stupid but i was wondering why i couldn't use my corner flow area of my tank as a refugium it just seems like wasted space to me so why not use it for something

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
No don't do that. When you start messing with the flow in an over-flow you're setting yourself up for a flood.

asphalt guy

i was thinking you might say that that sucks cause i hate to see wasted space. but how would it be affected if it pulls from the top that's what i don't understand by the way this is in a pre drilled tank with the 2" pvc pipes pulling water from the top of the corner

asphalt guy

that sucks just to make sure were on the same page here i have a pre drilled corner flow with the 2 2" pvc pipes. so why would it hurt the flow if you put some mud and a rock and a plant in the corner

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
by having "Stuff" in there you're increasing the risk of clogging the pipe and causing a flood. Just not worth the risk IMHO.

bwhit1406

yes i have liverock in the DT. Been set up like that for about a year. Ceramic rings are on the top, so i just stir them around to release build up. There is a large build up of pods that live in there.