Reefstick's Reef

Reefstick

Hello everyone,

Well, I finally went out a picked up a little bigger tank. After the 75G leaked all over the basement floor, I was crushed...... but I have made peace with my anger and now I am ready for re-build. This time however I am going small, When the 75G died I cramed as much coral and rock into my 12G nano as I could, and sold off the rest. The fish went to a 125G I have been taking care of in north Denver. (they look happy there)

I started by going out a picking up a 30 Gallon all-glass tank and 30#'s of Sugar sized sand. The rest of the setup is going to be left overs from the 75.

• Two 300gph power heads.
    Over-flow box.
    96pc light from the 12G.
    Moon lights.
    20 Gallon refuge.

So, here we go.

12 gallon before break down.
12G_reef_3-2007_rs.JPG

12G & 30G side by side.
side-by-side_12G_30G.JPG

30 gallon start-up.
30G_startup_rs.JPG

Plumbing setup.
Refuge_Plbg_rs.JPG

Done!!!!
30G_reef_3-2007_1rs.JPG

More pictures to come....:snshne:

Reefstick

The worst part about going from a 75 to a 12 to a 30 is all the live rock I had to get rid of, and now I have very little. :tears:

This is the first Reef Chronicles I have done. I will be back with better pic's, I just got a Canon Elura DV camcorder. :whstlr:

Reefstick

And so it begins again.
Just picked up a beautiful 90G corner oceanic setup :pBJ: Now... I have been out of this for 6 years and three kids. What is up with these new LED's? Link me! point me in the direction of resources please - I mean I thought it was information over kill before and now I feel as though I am on the idiot list. What has changed in the last six years? :coffee2:

Reefstick

Thanks! I'm excited. I should have left the tank in the garage until I had the setup complete... but you know I like the stress of looking at an empty tank in the kitchen. :hammerhead