Reefs2go pods

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Anyone else order lately? I just ordered 4,000 pods from heir buy 1,000 bogo special. Now I certainly don't expect to get 1,000 in each bag because I understand that some are small but I certainly expect to get more than about 100.

I ordered 4,000 and if I got 1,000 total I'd be shocked.

Here are the contents from one bag of 1,000:
BC1956D5-42B4-4149-B9E5-079F85795A74-22716-00000B3DA6336080_zps66198dda.jpg

What remained in the pads:
6086FA02-BBF3-481F-8D34-7AEDA0C08AD7-22716-00000B3D837E38A9_zpsbb2402cf.jpg

In the container:
69128BB2-CE94-438A-B09F-CFDB1601D149-22716-00000B3D956FEDA7_zpsa740f684.jpg

This is what I got out of each 1,000 pod bag. I don't know if they cheap you when the special is going on but I've ordered from other companies before and received more on a 2,000 pod order.

For $65 shipped it is no where near fair or competitive. Not sure if they will get my business anymore. And don't try to send an email, you get an auto reply about them being busy and they will get back to you in like 3-5 days or something like that. Not what I call customer service.

kyle4201

just wondering,, do you have a pair of Mandarins or?? thats a lot of pods to be ordering all the time. just wondering.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Only place that I've placed a livestock order and will never do again. You're the first I've heard with a bad pod order, though. Sorry to hear.

DSP

Iv ordered pods quite a few times from them, My most recent purchase was 2 weeks ago and shipping got delayed and everything was dead when I received it, I had ordered the 19.99 macro algea and 500 pod bundle, Reefs2go shipped the replacement out the very next day and this time everyone lived and I got more then what i payed for,There's probally hundreds and hundreds of copepods you can't see in there, The big ones you see are amphipods(I'd rather have the copepods that you can't see because that's what most fish prefer, Anyway I would just send them pics of what you received and they should take care of you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

DSP

Also make sure you throw the sponges in the tank for a while so all the tiny copepods can make it off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
just wondering,, do you have a pair of Mandarins or?? thats a lot of pods to be ordering all the time. just wondering.

I have 5 leopard wrasses and a mandarin. These won't last 2 weeks. I also culture tisbe copepods too, my fish destroy them.

I emailed them because I agree with you all, usually the orders are good but this is way below normal. I also threw the sponges in my refugium.

Hopefully they contact me.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I've gotten pods from reefs2go and getyourpods.com and I was pleased with the order I got from both places.
Reefs2go is the only place that I would not re-order any live corals from of all the places I've gotten corals.
I hope they contact you back Brian & make up for their shortage.
R2G reviews that I have read on FB have indicated terrible customer service :(

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Just wanted to update everyone on this cause it is only fair to the vendor that I close this loop :)

They contacted me and asked for pictures and I got notice on Wednesday that they are shipping out a new order (they also have the sale running again). So they made it right by me. Could have gotten some faster responses but patience is a virtue right?

Happy reefing!

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Glad they fixed it. I ordered pods from them in the past and was very happy with my order. I also ordered a red macro algae pack from them and was really impressed with that order.

Last time i got pods was when i just started up my sump. I got mine off of ebay, i was kinda disappointed too. Then 1 week later or so mine sump is infested with these things lol.

puffermike

Glad they fixed you up! I've been skeptical with ordering from them and actually any place at all online. I only order from reefcleaners.com. Maybe I'll try them out sometime when the weather here gets warm!

gpdno

I just got an order from them today. 150 gal DT is now swimming in pods. I'm very happy with the service and will defiantly order from them again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Last time i got pods was when i just started up my sump. I got mine off of ebay, i was kinda disappointed too. Then 1 week later or so mine sump is infested with these things lol.

Ill send you my leopard wrasses, they will make short work of your pods!

Paul B

You mean you don't just walk over to the ocean and scoop up a bucket of them?
Come on over in the summer and I will take you guys collecting. We can split the boat gas. :D

I carry them home in this

Here is a pod movie shot by Steven Speilburg.

Here I am yelling at the pods to jump off my anchor line while it is coming up because they jump all over the boat. There are 1,000 of them on the first 6" of line. :yummy:

gpdno

You mean you don't just walk over to the ocean and scoop up a bucket of them?
Come on over in the summer and I will take you guys collecting. We can split the boat gas. :D

Yes, I have managed to collect quite a few cool thing. I have a nice breeding population of skeleton shrimp. But amphipods are a bit hit and miss where I am. Now coquina clams and sand fleas, I've got plenty of them :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ALW

Sorry to say I had NOTHING but bad luck with them. I ordered some corals which were delivered 3 days late and all dead. The replacement order came in dead also. Won't answer the phone or emails-get emails saying not to send duplicate emails etc. They ruined me from ordering anything online again. Drove 250 mile round trip this weekend and got some corals from Frag Junky. They were great, not pushy, great prices and great corals!