ReefJeff RSM 130D 1st attempt

Shamus

Thanks for the info Terry - I guess I didn't know nassarius could be that big! Learn something new every day!

reefjeff

thanks terry
appreciate the help on Id the corals

danke glenn :crowd:

hey shamus
it is a nassarius, normally it is under the sand but this one likes to crawl on windows, it is pretty big

the biggest snail in the tank is one of the turbo, it got huge since i ve got it last summer, and does a nice job.....
peace
jeff

1-FTS-1.jpg

Shamus

Those 'turbos' looked like trochus snails to me...but I don't have turbos in my tank so I'm just going based on my very limited knowledge. Thanks for the info Jeff!

redsea reefer

Nice pics Jeff!

By looking at your second pic, You might wanna raise the weir gate so that surface scum can get sucked into the rear chambers. With all that scum on the surface now, you are not getting oxygen exchange and good light penetration.

reefjeff

hey steve
ya might be right, them might be trochus, as i said them people at the LFS have no ideas what they are selling

thanks eddie
i just did and i have a better suction going to the back chamber now, the "oily stuffs are the surface is now going away

peace
jeff

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I've noticed that several snails seem to be called Turbos by online sellers and LFS. I've seen Astreas and Trochus both called Turbos. When I think of Turbos I think of the ones that look like Mexican Turbos - it gets very confusing! I did find a Zebra Turbo that may be what Jeff has, but who the heck knows LOL!

Zebra Turbo Snail - Turbo spp.

I've had a couple of the zebras in the past. The shape of Jeffs does look more like Trochus or Astrea.

reefjeff

hello my dear friends
today i took a trip to my LFS
ended up with a mandarin male, a nice sea urchin & a black & white ophiure, pics to come soon, the guy add a few frags of some peach center zoa and gave them to me for free
tank is doing well, still have a lil bit of algae from the last bloom, but going to be off soon
peace
jeff

Last edited: