ReefJeff RSM 130D 1st attempt

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Nice additions Jeff! The goby looks like he found a home, and the clowns & angel are pretty ones. What is the orange coral in the center of your rock?

reefjeff

thanks terry & eddy
the orange one in the middle of the pics is a haliclona sponge
got it last week, i m looking for a blue one now...
i ve got some more pics of the angelfish, will post them tomorrow
peace
jeff

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks for the information on the sponge. It looked a bit odd for a coral, but I've also never seen a sponge like that.

reefjeff

angel & clownfish

hey terry, i ve never seen a sponge like this as well ...lol
here s a few more shots i took yesterday :java:

3-FTS-angelfish.jpg

4-angelfish.jpg

5-clowns.jpg

2-angelfish.jpg

1-angelfish.jpg

have a nice day reefing
peace
jeff

reefjeff

sad day for me

sad day my friends
just got back from work and my tank crashed again, :ignore:
not the skimmer fault this time but now all my livestock is dead, clown will be dead tomorrow morning and cant do nothing to save them,
stenopus, skunk cleaner shrimp, camel shrimps, angelfish are all dead,
the water is cloudy again and really dont know what happened, i think this time i m done reefing for a while, spent more than $500 this week end to get the tank back to normal and all is gone, think i m giving back for now, i don t have the funds to run the tank with nothing in it ...
talk soon
peace
jeff

Dweezil

Jeff ~ I'm so sorry! Are all your water parameters good? Something must have cause this terrible thing to happen. I understand about the funds. It would be very difficult to start over especially twice.

Again, I'm very sorry. Please keep in contact with whatever it is you decide to do.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Wow Jeff - that is very sad. I'm wondering if your heater is sticking on for a long enough time to cook the tank while you're gone, or if some type of aerosol cleaner, bug spray, etc. is being sprayed in the tank or room that is doing this. I would think if one of the pumps had an electrical short it would shut off that pump or trip the circuit off. I don't know what to tell you. Are you running the RSM heater. Sorry if I asked before. Sad news. :(

reefjeff

hey guys
yeah i m kinda devastated, but now i think it found out what might be the cause of all that
i remember now that the first time i killed the fish the day before that i added some marine snow julian sprung diet, and then i got back to work and tank was all cloudy and fish were barely alive...
today water was really clean parameters were ok, and i added some marine snow again, bang now back from work and tank has crashed again, water is all cloudy, i bought it 6 months ago and kept it in the fridge, maybe it gone wrong, i m actually quiet sure it gone wrong and that it what causes my problems
what ya think ?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Maybe it is bad Marine Snow that caused the problem. Could also be adding too much, and it causes an ammonia spike while you're gone. In any case I wouldn't add it ever again - I've never anything good about things like Marine Snow - too much nutrient never gets used by the corals, and the rest decomposes to form ammonia-nitrite-nitrate.

reefjeff

i ve only added 5ml, but i ll put it down the drain and never use it again, i m so sad i loved dem all, but i think i m not quiting, i ll see tomorrow once i wake up

Dweezil

Agree with Terry. I've never added anything like that even though most websites say "will benefit from " blah blah. It makes sense that if you added it twice and both times is when the crash occurred that is the common denominator. Toss it in the garbage.

reefjeff

thanks for the support friends
well clowns and orange diamond gobie are still alive ...yuppeeee
did another 50% water change today, i m sure the marine snow went bad, this morning before trashing it, i smelled it and it smell like rotten eggs, so it gone bad for sure.....
will let the tank do his thing for a lil while before adding anything else, as i don t have the funds to buy more livestock right now ....but i ain t quiting, i slept over it last night and came to a conclusion that i just can t stop ....
later
peace
jeff