Reef Geek

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I always try to support our sponsors FIRST and foremost (most of you already know that) but this time I couldn't find the product I was needing with-in our sponsors so I ventured OUTSIDE the box.

I was given a "heads up" from a fellow reefer that the "Reflectors" I'm looking for (48", Retro T5 HIGHLY reflective in a narrow 2" or less configuration) were available from ReefGeek if you call them direct. So I called and to my surprise they had them in stock and ready to go. I placed my order along with several bulbs.

The next day I get an email confirmation of the order (and it's for $6 less than expected) and the next day I get Ship/Tracking information. Greg @ ReefGeek was extremely fast, efficient and helpful with my questions and such.

3 days later (weekend in there) I get this package. Looks like a normal sized box (maybe a little larger than I was expecting) for 4' bulbs. I noticed immediately a small puncture hole in one end about the size of my pinky finger. I'm already planning my correspondence to them about the obviously damaged shipment. I open that box to find so much ROOM on the inside there's no WAY the puncture got to goods. Inside the MAIN box was a more appropriately sized box for 3 bulbs and 2 4' reflectors. But what was WILD is it was suspended ( almost like floating in mid-air) on all sides by some molded foam inserts. On each end and in the middle there was a foam "doughnut" around the inner box keeping it softly suspended and not touching any part of the outer box. I was impressed. I quickly opened the inner box to find all of my goods wrapped up inside of the reflectors and once again "padded" but this time with 5,000,000,000 cushiony peanuts. This company takes Shipping & packaging serious. Everything was as expected or better.

I sent Greg at ReefGeek an email telling him next time to just have the pilot of the plane slow down and drop the box from the air because there is no way without some type of "Crushing" accident you could get damage in this box.

Reef Geek

Job Well Done!!

:thumber:

Allen :)

sambrinar

I have bought from them as well... EXCELLENT!! then even sent candy with my order.. nothing like bribery LOL

yungreefer2410

yeah i got my ati from reefgeek and it was packaged greatly. very good customer service and very fast (and free) shipping

bllfish

Purchased my T5"s from Greg about 5 years ago and have bought my bulbs and other things from him since. His shipping is top notch, never cuts corners and I have never had a problem with any of his transactions. If you have any questions he always responds to emails and will even answer his phone.