Reef-Central, Nano_Reef and Aquaria Central What's Going On?

Basser1

Hey gang! If you're like me, I frequent some other reef web-sites as well. I don't know what's goin' on, but it looks like Reef-Central could be gone due to corrupt data base. I also go to Nano-Reef and it had the same thing happen, although it wasn't as severe as RC. Both happened at about the same time. Now I understand that Aquaria Central is going through the same thing.

Here's a link about RC:

Reef Central is offline Indefinitely, database destroyed | Reef Builders -The Reef Aquarium Blog

What's goin' on? Are they being "cyber" attacked?

BobBursek

Read basicly the same thing on another Reef site, maybe North Korea!!!LOL! Just glad I have all of RHF's artivles saved and I can open them.

Westerner

Reef Central needs more turbo boost. Half the time their search function doesnt work the servers are always overloaded..

ReefLady

Staff member
Here's the notice on the RC site:

Hello RC Members.

Sorry for the interruption. We'll be back in a little while, I need to check something.

To the folks spreading rumors and making up quotes, it's pretty sad when you have to resort to lying to try and get members.

The truth is that during an upgrade to mySQL we encountered an error that needed to be corrected. Unlike most sites, our database is very large and routine checks can take quite a long time to run. That's one of the reasons why we're one of the few sites that runs a full nightly backup. We'll be back this morning with virtually zero data loss. Sorry to disappoint the folks forging the emails.

Slander and libel are pretty serious things.
Cheers

lcstorc

Glad to hear they have a backup. I would hate to see all of that info lost. I hope the others will be ok as well.

BobBursek

Lynn,
me too, I have read on some other forums some of info being posted on them may be bogus. We will just have see and keep checking there web site.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Reef Central needs more turbo boost. Half the time their search function doesnt work the servers are always overloaded..

This is "By Design" and possibly intended to allow more traffic for paying members. Bandwidth and hardware isn't cheap so I can see some degree of logic by giving priority to paying members.

D3monic

I prefere the UI here and over at reef2reef. Nano is where I troll with the rest of the turds. They are always good for a laugh.

mps9506

This is "By Design" and possibly intended to allow more traffic for paying members. Bandwidth and hardware isn't cheap so I can see some degree of logic by giving priority to paying members.

I encourage everyone to support forums you frequent to keep them going. That said, you can always use google to search RC or any other forum.