Reef Aquarium software

does anyone knows a real good software for logs, expense, maiontenance, etc, etc that is freeware. I could consider paying for one if it's really good and don't cost allot.

When I do start I went to keep logs of everything, when I do something to the tanks.

there is a maintenance widget for mac from current usa... other than that and the neptune sys apex controller logs i dont know of anything.... besides a little black book...

zy112

Thats a good question, I would be open to using one.

Right now I go the cheap way, excel spreadsheet and a small book in the fish room

zy112

I have a tab for test results, a tab for water changes, tab for any changes made, then a master sheet that I can expand/minimize all categories, search by date, ect.

It doesn't have to be to complex, just a way to track and organize

I download it tek, had to go in where it was install to set the compatiblity to xp w/ service pack 2. It looks k, but I don't know how it will do until I can get my first tank up and running. oh wait I got a 2.5gal that I have a betta in. i can try and set it up in it, since it can do multiply tanks.

The only thing is just the age of the software, because the copyright on the sight is 200-2003

K tek if you have multiple tanks. it will only hold data for one tank. I tried to create another tank. but it overrode the first tank I put in. I took this program out.

I would want something to keep logs on both fw and reef, since I'll be running both types. By the time I'm done sometime next year I would have my 2.5gal (betta), 29gal (breed and raise molly's), and a 38 or 55 (my reef DT).

I have to get me a vid camera one of these days to keep a video diary of my tanks. lol

tektite

I was able to go to Tanks > Tank Details > Add tank and it let me add any number of tanks. The bar to the left then lets you click on which tank you want to work on/update/etc, and when you click on any of the add " * " on the main bar up top it will pop up a window asking which tank you want to use. I've been playing with it and its been great for me so far. I didn't need to change any compatibility to install it, it worked for me on 2 different Vista computers, so I don't know why you needed to do that.

alexinoz

I know this is an old post but thought I'd contribute to it - I'm the creator of Aquarium Manager, which is a free web based app to manage all aspects of fishkeeping, and specifically, a way to put all your photos in a single spot to showcase your tanks.

The url is www.aquarium-manager.com if you'd like to take a look.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
I know this is an old post but thought I'd contribute to it - I'm the creator of Aquarium Manager, which is a free web based app to manage all aspects of fishkeeping, and specifically, a way to put all your photos in a single spot to showcase your tanks.

The url is www.aquarium-manager.com if you'd like to take a look.

I'll try it out! Thanks!