Redseamax401's RSM 130D

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Your tank is still very new, and I'm pretty sure that what you're seeing is probably the brown diatom algae phase that all of us went through with new tanks. The stuff is usually worse after the lights have been on for several hours, and not as bad in the morning when the lights first come on? It pretty much has to run its course and use up the silicates in a new tank (from the rock and substrate) and eventually it should disappear.

Redseamax401

Thx, Terry.

I read some stuff on the tread you pointed out and went to the local pet shop and got my water tested for free and was advise that everything looks fine with water quality. I was advised like Terry said its normal with a new tank and will go away in time patients my little grasshopper..! lol I got some RO water anyways and used a power tooth brush and went add it with my live rocks.. lol
After cleaning up the rocks i let the RSM run for about 15mins hoping it will catch all the debris in the tank. After the tank cleared up i vacuum up my sand bed and did a 20% water change. i also cleaned all filter media including bio and mech.. I put a polishing pad on top of my mech filter hoping it will help clean up everything and will remove it tomorrow.

Two hours later and the tank looks beatiful, hope it will stay that way..!