Red Sea S-Series Lighting

gumi7

So I have finally figured out how best to set up the day lighting on the RSM S-500, but not sure how to turn off the moon lights... center lights on = moon lights off/moon lights on = center lights off. Is it possible to have both center and moon lights off without manually turning off power to the center light panel?

I would like to have complete darkness in the tank for part of the night.

Thanks,
gumi7

David Shaw

I cant figure out how to have the moonlight not come on automatically, not sure it's possible without turning them off using the main power switch.

legazya

I have the same problem, don't like the moonlight during the day because its artificial appearance, and the only solution i see is the installation of a small timer in an independent plug of the power centre for the moonlight.

Shan

Honestly at this price range Red Sea needs to build in a digital reef keeper into the Max tanks, so setting these lights as well as all other power is controlled digitally. As I said on my own thread, I removed all my cords from my power drawer and went back to my Neptune AC3 controller. I can control my entire tank, lights and all, right from my iPhone. At $3500-$4700 thats how it should be really. Red sea listen up!

Choff

I'm waiting on another power bar and when that arrives I am going to replace the guts of the existing box with my apex controller set up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

dougralls

Granted I just got my system installed last week, but I can't figure out how to have JUST the moonlights on. Is it possible?

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

David Shaw

Yeah, just turn off the dial settings to have the main lights never come on and then the moonlights will come on.