RED SEA pimped to the MAX 130D

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
JK1 your pics are nothing short of STUNNING! I felt like I was scrolling the pages of a high end high gloss coral magazine. Excellent work and as already stated thank you for sharing with us.

Now to figure how to talk you out of some of those amazing Zoas :)

JK1

Excellant Pics. appreciate the update
Wow, thank you. Very kind words from everyone. Sorry the update took so long.

Brilliant pics, really loving those zoas!
Thanks, as you can tell I have become a bit of a Zoa addict. I'm working on getting a razor to light my sump so I can keep all of my frags in there. I have run out of room on my frag rack and I hate having the rack in my display. I have lots more zoas arriving soon so need to move fast. I managed to arrange a trade on a shazzam. Not sure how much a polyp costs in the US but the last one I saw sell in UK was £350 or $575! I'm pretty excited :D

JK1

How do you keep starfish alive in a RSM130? I had a sand-sifting star and a red fromia; they both died after a few months. I researched a bit and the theory is that there just isn't enough nutrition in a tank that size...

What's your secret?

GBose
Sand sifter are easier to feed as they are carnivores, I feed my mandarins lobster eggs and make sure I put enough in to feed the sandbed. You need to strike a good balance though as it is overfeeding. Regular water changes and nitrate control are essential to do this. You can also remove the star from the tank and put it in a plastic tray with food like lobster eggs to avoid polluting your water.

Fromia and linkia are much trickier as they are vegetarian and nobody fully understands what they eat. Mine spends most of its time above my mp10 where the flow is slowest and skims the water. I have also had success with new era feeding disks. They need to turn slimey first but but my linkia spends 2 days sat on top of one. I would assume the same would work for all veggie stars but I'm not sure.

Great Photos, would love to learn how to take shots like those!
Thank you, although my camera does most of the hard work. I still have much to learn about photography.

Looks incredible.
Thank you :D

JK1 your pics are nothing short of STUNNING! I felt like I was scrolling the pages of a high end high gloss coral magazine. Excellent work and as already stated thank you for sharing with us.

Now to figure how to talk you out of some of those amazing Zoas :)
Wow, thanks Al. You're responsible for a lot of it. Your help, wisdom and RSM inspired a lot of my mods. The lights and profilux are largely down to you so thanks. I love both.

Matt spivey

Hi, was just browsing what mods I could do for my rsm130d. Got
Some good info here, you're from the uk, right?

I am from Yorkshire.. Just noticed you have/had two orange claw hermits called Barry and Paul.

I appreciated the chuckle brothers reference if it was intentional! I will be borrowing that idea too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JK1

Hi, was just browsing what mods I could do for my rsm130d. Got
Some good info here, you're from the uk, right?

I am from Yorkshire.. Just noticed you have/had two orange claw hermits called Barry and Paul.

I appreciated the chuckle brothers reference if it was intentional! I will be borrowing that idea too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks mate, I'm in Bedfordshire and yes the chuckle brother reference was intentional. Their clumsiness named themselves.

I still have a few mods to do. I haven't upgraded the stock pumps yet and I'm still considering a life reef overflow. If you have any questions about mods just shout.

Wow, I am truly impressed and can only hope to one day have something like this. Nice!

Thanks mate and I'm sure it will be in no time. There are plenty of knowledgable people on here to help steer you in the right direction.

JK1

Some new additions!

Ktar Black Hornets! Under blues

Ktar Black Hornets 50-50

Pistol Shrimp

And some old recaptured

Chuckies Bride - Blues

Chuckies Bride 50-50

Chilli

Rastas

Sour Punch

Temptations

Unknown Zoas

yorkieUK

PREMIUM
:bow:Great shots of your tank! :woohoo:
:ofr:Thanks for taking the time to label them all so the newbies like me can identify them easier.
I wish more RS members had the time to do this.
:geekin:
:bluenod:

JK1

:bow:Great shots of your tank! :woohoo:
:ofr:Thanks for taking the time to label them all so the newbies like me can identify them easier.
I wish more RS members had the time to do this.
:geekin:
:bluenod:

Thanks and you're welcome. Helps me remember them too ;)

I've just decided to start importing zoas from the US to UK, you guys get much better choice than we do. I have a feeling my wallet will never be full again!

Mr.Reeefer

Hi mate,

great job, beautiful tank, fish and corals.....sounds and looks like you have it pretty figured out!!

After going through your thread, makes me want to spend large amounts of money importing zoas:yup:, love the chilli too, very sexy!!

JK1

Hi mate,

great job, beautiful tank, fish and corals.....sounds and looks like you have it pretty figured out!!

After going through your thread, makes me want to spend large amounts of money importing zoas:yup:, love the chilli too, very sexy!!

Thanks you. Surely you would be better off heading north and hand picking? :D I'm sure you more than pay for the trip up there lol