Red sea max 130D

PJLague

Hi everyone,happy new year to you all.
I am new to this forum,and i am from the UK,and must say what a great site for info on the RSM and what a great system tank.
I have just bought a new RSM 130D,i have had tropical marine tanks,on and of for over 40 years,but mainly all large ones.
My last tank was,(9ft by 4ft by 3ft) but i have moved into a small cottage and this system will fit in well,and by the look of your tanks it should be rearly good,i am amazed how good they are for small tanks.
i will be using all live rock reef tank.
Any hints and tips on the tank,system would be very helpful.
I will run the tank as it comes,to see how it goes
Would aragonite base be better than coral sand,or a mixture of both.
Is the red sea start up pack,the one to use,or would you suggest something different,as i said any coments would be of great help,i pick the tank up on Sunday.
Best Regards Peter

redseareef

RS Sponsor
Peter,
WELCOME FRIEND!!!!! You picked a great tank indeed. I have been running the Max for about 8 weeks now and love it! I have added two T5 lights in the front portion of the hood for a little more blue to the tank.
Everything else is direct from the factory and is working very well! Keep us posted as to your progress and get some pics for us all to see!
HAppy NEw YEar!

Rue

Wow! What a BIG tank you had! Have any pics to share?

My RSM has been running for 1.75 years (sounds better than 1.5 years, eh?) with no mods!

Except today I put in an extra power head to help battle a cyano issue that is a result of a light-related accident...

PJLague

Hi Guys
Thanks for your coments,i will keep you posted on how things go,we had a fire and most of our photo's where lost,including the one's of all my tanks,write to you soon.
Best Regards Peter

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
PJLague - :welcomera to Reef Sanctuary and the RSM owners club! I think you'll really enjoy the 130D. I use the Red Sea aragonite and I like it, but I'm no expert on substrates. Aragonite supposedly helps buffer the tank, and maybe coral sand would too? Let us know how the new tank progresses.

PJLague

Hi Reefmack
Many thanks for you welcome,i picked the RSM up today,i have built the cabinet (the old style one i like it better than the new one)very good quality.
I have started to fit the tank up,i hope to get some water in it tomorrow,very pleased with it.
Best Regards Peter

PJLague

Hi Steveh
Many thanks for that,i have put 12kl of live rock today,the lights look rearly good for corals,its amazing for a small tank.
Best Regards Pete.

PJLague

Hi all
Tank as been running 3 weeks now,done its cycle,looking very good,all test are very good,I change 5 gallons a week,i have put in some fish and corals,and have purchased a mp20 pump
what a pump,its superb,i will post some pictures soon,this tank is amazing for something so small,i cant stop playing with it.
Pete.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Pete - it sounds like you've got it all going for you now. Yep - post some pics when you can! Glad you like the MP20 - it really is a superb powerhead!

Terry

PJLague

Hi Terry
Sorry to hear the bad news,about your job,i hope things work out for you,it's the same hear in the UK.and i dont think the worst is over yet.
Best Regards Peter

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Thanks Peter. I was told I was losing my job one day, and was offered another position in a different area (same office location) the next day. I'm one of very very few lucky people to have that blessing put on me! I agree - we haven't seen the worst of it yet, unfortunately.

How about some pictures of your tank? :)

Terry