Red Sea Max 130D protein skimmer

I have the same issue, it produces nothing, its set up the way you all recommended. I just figured it is because I am only a few weeks into the cycle. I am on diatom bloom #2 and just added some CUC. Should the skimmer be pulling anything yet? it bubbles, but just barely, and nothing flows into the cup.

jrbass

I got so tired of messing with the stock skimmer and the chamber of death and where to put Chemipure elite and Purigen I finally had to bite the bullet like a lot of us did and buy the Tunze 9002 skimmer and steve T media rack and absolutely have no regret. It was the best upgrade so far. Great skimming and quiet! Plus somewhere to put my chemical filter media.

jrbass

not sure. mediabaskets.com is where I got mine. I see your in Canada so not sure if they ship to you but worth checking into.

elizabethac29

I got so tired of messing with the stock skimmer and the chamber of death and where to put Chemipure elite and Purigen I finally had to bite the bullet like a lot of us did and buy the Tunze 9002 skimmer and steve T media rack and absolutely have no regret. It was the best upgrade so far. Great skimming and quiet! Plus somewhere to put my chemical filter media.
Hi, I am awaiting the arrival of my Tunze 9002. As I am in Aus, I had to buy it locally and we don't seem to have the media racks so I am going to import from US. With the standard ceramics and carbon, do you still use them in the media rack?