Red Sea Max 130 Salvage Tank

Ricardo Muniz

1ea4453520121120767f8a40f5ed7ec0.jpg

b3a0110242aa78d5e7d39bb4b29caa4e.jpg

Hello everyone! New Saltwater Aquarium Owner. My neighbor thru out a RSM 130 with a cracked corner in the bottom. I took it and started fixing it up. Fixed the cracked corner (which was very minimal)and started acquiring the missing parts. This is my first post from my tank and would like to get some feedback! The tank has been cycling for three weeks. I've been testing the water and it seems to be doing ok.

Almost ready to start putting some livestock. I would like to upgrade the lighting but for now I bought some replacements for the Compact Fluorescents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cheers for starting a tank thread so we can follow along ! Nice start !

Just fyi - if you have a water level window on the left hand side - you have the D (deluxe) model :nessie:

Ricardo Muniz

8df06172a9a5d6dd1bded1e2aa842304.jpg

A friend gave me a nice LED (very simple) with blue lights and it gives a nice blue tint to it. Creates a nice shimmer effect but nothing like I would like it to be.

I'm planning to acquire a Current Orbit Marine LED to replace my compact Fluorescents. I saw it a local aquarium store and I like its looks and features and seems to work for the level I want to be in.

Ricardo Muniz

b5ed1e3fe82ec00255b284a1f6e3b635.jpg

Hello everyone, just to keep you guys updated with my progress. I installed the Current Marine LED fixture. Added a couple of blue leg hermit crabs, snails, a feather duster and a frag of green star polips.

Please let me know what you think. For now everything is doing ok. Its been 3 days since I added the GSP and feather duster.

My temperature is still up at 82 degrees but recently bought a 1/10 Aqua euro chiller that haven't had a chance to install but its coming.

Any recommendations or observations will be well received.

Thanks!

Last edited:

meknudson2

I keep my aquarium around 79 to 80 degrees. You might want to aim higher then 72 degrees. The average reefs in the ocean are around 82-84 degrees, I really would recomend a higher temp at least 79.

Danreef

I am curious about the crack. Do you have pictures ? Where it was and how you repaired it ?

Thanks
Daniel

Ricardo Muniz

917c07d609a8899471f94f04904a3a0a.jpg

Hey y'all this is how my tank is looking like now... A lot of work... New chiller, new led lights... Seems to be doing ok.

Having a little trouble with my replacement pump.. Seems to get stuck from time to time and stops working... I have to unplug it and plug it back in for it to work..

Other than that... Let me hear what you think!

meknudson2

Looking really nice, I like your Gorgonian. Does your pump need to be cleaned out, that's the only thing I can think of for it to stick or stop working. I usually clean mine out when that happens and they run really well after that.