cheers

Big Pete

Desmond

Hi Desmond

it takes some nuts my friend but its worth it, you tank looks greats

well done.

cheers

Big Pete
Your right my balls were on a plate getting first corner up but was smooth sailing after that. Did you take the other glass piece out ?

Sent from my SM-G870F using Tapatalk

Desmond

Your right my balls were on a plate getting first corner up but was smooth sailing after that. Did you take the other glass piece out ?

Sent from my SM-G870F using Tapatalk

No i have not taken it out yet as i was thinking of doing this over next water change . But i am warey of taking this one out lol how is it going on yours have you taken it out ?

Big Pete

Hi Desmond

i removed the glass rim the runs across the front of the tank, it was really easy, its attached with black mastic just slip a blade between it and the glass and you are good to go.

Desmond

Hi Desmond

i removed the glass rim the runs across the front of the tank, it was really easy, its attached with black mastic just slip a blade between it and the glass and you are good to go.

Cool i need to get my ballzzz back now. does this help with any sture on tank or is it ok without ?
Being honest i want riid of it will look so much cleaner.

Big Pete

It has nothing to do with the structural integrity of the tank, when you start to remove it you will understand it a bit better.

Desmond

Hopefully will get a chance to do it on sunday. Have a christmas party on saturday. Maybe i will get a chance tomorrow if i am lucky :) need to get the rest of the silcone off also but want to put a bit of a cover over so i dont get silcone in the tank. I got a bit in the last time and some plastic , got most of it out :) I must say though the tank is looking smart. Fitted my new MP 10 wqd man it is powerful. Had to move down as it was creating a vortex sucking the surface water down and air bubbles lol

Dana

My only concern is does the rim have anything to do with the strength of the tank?
I emailed Red Sea to ask. And got a unhelpful answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No it definitely does not have anything to do with the strength, it is just cosmetic! Snap on silicone. I'm trying to find instructions how to take it off! I find it really unattractive LOL!

Jax

If your asking about the stock hood/canopy - the stock hood removes with two pins, a 30 second task one person can do - very simple.
My timer is hard wired into the hood from the built in power strip. I took my pins out the hinges but the cable to the timer is not allowing me to pull the hood completely off. Suggestion on how to unplug so I can free the hood? RSM 130. Thanks
If your asking about the stock hood/canopy - the stock hood removes with two pins, a 30 second task one person can do - very simple.
Looks as if I have the original RSM130 where the timer is hard wired into the hood and the other end of the timer cable is hard wired into the built in power strip. I removed the 2 pins to release the hood but I cant figure out how to unplug the timer cable to take the hood completely off. Any ideas?

duganderson

Hello. Thinking about removing the hood and trim on my 130D.

What are some lights you recommend that can be mounted with an arm or bracket (versus hung from the ceiling). I have mostly softies and LPS and a few lower light light SPS (plating montis and birds nest)?

--Doug