Red Sea C 250 max skimmer maintenance

Atlchris

Hi all,

I've had my Red Sea C 250 max for about a year now. I'm looking to clean the skimmer and wanted any suggestions you all might have.

Can I remove the entire assembly and clean all of the gunk out of it? When I clean the skimmer cup, the actual assembly looks to be full of crud and I don't feel that my skimmer is working as well as it should be? Perhaps, the pump needs some TLC.

Thanks!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :nessie:

a couple times a year I clean mine, taking the pump out & cleaning the impeller, it's housing and all the orifices will help.

Desmond

No harm taking it all apart and cleaning it. Just remember it will need some fine tuning after as it may go a bit mad overflowing. Just crank it down and increase slowly until its skimming as wanted. Within a week it should be working perfectly again.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mathew Piccioni

Hi all,

I've had my Red Sea C 250 max for about a year now. I'm looking to clean the skimmer and wanted any suggestions you all might have.

Can I remove the entire assembly and clean all of the gunk out of it? When I clean the skimmer cup, the actual assembly looks to be full of crud and I don't feel that my skimmer is working as well as it should be? Perhaps, the pump needs some TLC.

Thanks!
Can I ask you
Hi all,

Thanks!

Can I ask you what you ended up doing with the slimmer? How often do you do the thorough cleaning of the skimmer? Any suggestions to share?