Red Sea Berlin Classic Protein Skimmer

frisbee

For $25 I'd give it a go. If it's not as efficient as you would like you can always modify it with a small air pump, some air line tubing and a wooden air stone. I did this to a Sea Clone skimmer one time and it worked like a champ. GL.

DaveK

When it was new it was a good OK skimmer, but not the best you could get.

If the skimmer is in close to perfect condition, and clean I'd say the price is right, give it a try. If it's got a lot of glop and gunk inside it or damaged in any way it's not worth the trouble.

I found that they were tough to clean because you can't remove the insides to completely get to everything.

While I think the manufacturer said it could be mounted externally, I recommend you only use it as an in sump skimmer. It's a little prone to leaks in some places.

Consider replacing the output hose barbs with rigid pipe, and vent that so they will run at a constant flow. The original air line vents tend to clog.

kenshin himura

ive seen the skimmer, the owner is still using it, next week he will order a bigger skimmer for his tank, it looks like a little bit dirty because its been running when i saw it, ill try to lower the price to $20 LOL....