Red Sea 250 in Orlando

mhago

Hello all, after 2,5 years of fun with my RSM130D, I will visit Orlando in April and I will buy the RSM250.

Well, a few questions to my colleagues from US:

- Do you know a good store to buy it?
- Do you think it is worth it to buy the new C-Series?
- Wife question:"Why the C-Series has squared corners and this is an advantage....the rounded ones from 250 are so beautiful" ....honestly, I don't know the answer
- In the 130D, I have Tunze 9002 and InTank media rack...do you recommend anything similar?

Thank you, I am very excited and my blue tang friend is waiting for the extra space.

Thank you!!
Marcelo

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I think the RSM with the rounded corners are very beautiful too... guess that beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, I like the new look too. Red Sea has said they made the change from the rounded corners because their marketing team believes that the look most people want.

Not sure... I totally agree with ^ as everyone that bought the thousands of rounded corner tanks, choose them over the square tanks when they bought them, but styles change... new look is great too IMO Red Sea does claim the square corners are stronger too. Will be interesting to see, once thousands are sold... a year out.

The stock skimmer on a RSM 250 works pretty well & the new C series 250 is touted to work even better, assuming so... a big plus.

Are you planning to have it shipped it back home, to Brazil?

mhago

Thank you, Nano. Yes my plan is to ship in the flight with the luggage. The price in Brazil is 3 times higher....
Do you know a good store near by Orlando or one that could ship to Orlando?

Thank you!

ziggy

perhaps the rounded front corners are harder to scrape clean with a blade if one doesn't keep it clead by hand. Guess you can't use a magnet to clean rounded corners. maybe?

LakeLivin

You will probably need to order the tank from a store before hand and pick it up when you arrive in Orlando. I don't think many if any carry much of a stock other than a display model so I would not count on being able to walk in a store and leave with the tank the same day. It will probably take a few weeks...

I bought my 500 through sea in the city and they had to order it. They have a 650 setup in the store but no stock.

ziggy

is the electrical power in Brazil same as the US? So if you get a tank here it plugs in directly in Brazil?

orieng

Good observation Ziggy. The U S tanks are rated for a input voltage of 110 volts. I think Brazil May have a different voltage system than U S A

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
COUNTRY VOLTAGE FREQUENCY PLUG
Brazil 110/220 V* 60 Hz A & B, C

COMMENTS
*127 V found in states of Bahia, Paraná (including Curitiba), Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo and Minas Gerais (though 220 V may be found in some hotels). Other areas are 220 V only, with the exception of Fortaleza (240 V). Outlets (click for more) are often a combination of type A and C and can accept either type plug.

http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

mhago

Thank you all, guys!
Well, yes we have the same electrical standard in Sao Paulo and US. So this will not be a problem.
I already talked to Karim from sea in the city and we they will just confirm dimensions and weight and I will check with the Airline. But one concern that I had was regarding the package but he confirmed it is very safe. They were very supportive, Nano. I didn't talk to Marcye yet, but I will send your regards to her when I will be there.
The deal is progressing and thanks to you guys.....One of the final decisions is between black or white. ....

Hi all. Thanks, Nano! Mhago, Red Sea does an amazing job packaging their tanks so as long as airport personal aren't really rough with the packages you should be good to go. We've had a Red Sea 650 set up in the store for about two years and it's the quietest, most stable aquarium I've ever had. I think you'll be very happy! Marcye

ziggy

will customs in brazil take apart all the packaging? Any import taxes to pay at customs?

mhago

Well, import taxes may apply. Usually tanks/aquariums are not part of their scope. But even with taxes the price will be lower than here.....I will let you know when I get back here.....fingers crossed....and again thank you all