Red Sea 130D Water level in pump chamber

reig3

For some reason I seem to be having a problem keeping the water level up in the pump chamber. I have had the new single pump in there since they came out with no issues. I took the pump out and cleaned it, its pumping plenty of water, enough to lower the level below the window markings.

I also pulled out the skimmer looking for issues but didn't see anything.

I pulled out 5 gallons and figured I would take the opportunity to change 5 gallons and start fresh with NOT to much water in center chambers.

I put it all back together and I am right back where I started, low level on the window with plenty of water in the tank.

Looking for suggestions please.

Bob

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Move your surface skimmer cup up to 1/4" from it's top position & add sw until it almost touches your hood arm trays, then top off with ro/di every other day, abound 1/2 gallon & see it that does not solve it.

If you run any filter media, pull & rinse at sink under tap water, shake dry & replace weekly.

This ^ has helps 100's - hope it help you :)

reig3

I have the water level right at the bottom of the trays with the skimmer cup right at the water level and the water is still below the window line. I had a bag of Phosban in there but took that out in case it was impedeing water flow. Made no difference.

Pump chamber has only the pump, then the heater next over, stock skimmer in stock location and only half a sponge in the intake.

Bob

reig3

Could there be something blocking from the bottom of the chamber that I cant see? It does pull the water from the bottom of the heater chamber to the pump right? I took out the ceramics a while back .

Bob

reig3

Well I brought home a coat hanger to fish around the base of the chamber by the pump, the more I did, the more the water level came back up. I have no idea what is/was down there since I took out the ceramics and the charcoal. I will be putting charcoal back but for now I have water level as it should be

Stumped but happy its back to normal!

Bob

laapsaap

I use a flash light to see through the black glass in the back. Its not very clear, but definitely can see if something is blocking the flow.