Red hairy stuff taking over

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Driftbuddy1988 said:
How often do u have to change filters on ro unit and how much space do they take up as I dont have much room. Does anyone have a picture of there systrm they could post

Usually yearly (depending upon how dirty your water is and how much you use it)

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/store...ems/75-gpd-ro-di-5-stage-standard-system.html

rodi_1753-5-stage-standard-ro-di.jpg

....Secret Super Hero....

dmatt88

Ur title. Somebody has to say it.

Shave.

.............its calibrate ur hydrometer month. no not really but Sheez its important.

sk8rdn

dmatt88 said:
Ur title. Somebody has to say it.

Shave.

.............its calibrate ur hydrometer month. no not really but Sheez its important.

Lol.. only Matt....

Conway Corals

RS Sponsor
They are easy to hook up. Most of them have several different methods to get water to the unit. Also another great place for filters and ro units is www.filterdirect.com

I have the RD-106 and I run a lot of water through that thing. Easy to maintain, changing filters is a breeze, and I only have to move a bucket about 15 feet instead of out the store, in the car, spill the water, cuss the brake happy jerk in front of me, in the house, and then do a water change, or top off the tank. Much lower stress level I promise! Doctor recommended for all reefers! :D

...you keep fish?

Yeah I actually have a mop sink in my laundry room so ill be,ordering one toomorrow on ebay most likely. Anything in particular I ahould look for or at when ordering

sk8rdn

Driftbuddy1988 said:
Yeah I actually have a mop sink in my laundry room so ill be,ordering one toomorrow on ebay most likely. Anything in particular I ahould look for or at when ordering

Quality filter media. Cheap filters need replacing often.

And speaking of, make sure you can easily obtain replacement filters for your model in the future.

That's why most of us recommend the Bulk Reef Supply one that I linked to earlier... Quality, price, and ease of replacements.

I found a coral life with all brand.new.filters and new membrane and I think its a 5 stage one on ebay for 10$ plus 12$ for shipping ate they rasy to find replacement filters for? And is it a quality ro unit?

Conway Corals

RS Sponsor
I would be careful getting anything that costs less than $75. I'm not saying theone you are looking at is bad, but just replacement filters for my 5 stage are almost $75. And I wouldn't get a used one unless it was given, or I knew the other party very well.

...you keep fish?

dmatt88

Pony up the cash buddy. Hit brs. Reliability. Period. Oh almost forgot. Make water in a room with a drain. Just sayin.

........... we cut living things into pieces. sheez

I ordered a five stage all brand new it was 195 suited to my door and also comes with a set of retirement filters I think it was 50 gallons an hour
And my laundry room has drain in mop sink and in floor so I should be good to go

I wouldve gotten one sooner but I had no idea the importance of it lol this saltwater thing is still very new to me and theres always so much to learn. I usually spend three or four nights a week just reading about what I can do to better my tank....... LOL it keeps me out of the tank