Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
I only want to know what the body count is withing a thousand or two lol, how many babies have you created??

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Thanks Sassy. I can't say that I've took the time to make note of each species...
Thanks for giving me the incentive to type it up. :)

Successful beyond 90 day post settlement:
  • A. percula
  • A. ocellaris
  • H. reidi
  • H. erectus
  • P. kauderni (bangaii cardinal)
  • E. oceanops (neon goby)
  • L. boggessi (peppermint shrimp)

I have bonded/breeding pairs of and either trying to raise, waiting for spawning or ignoring spawns (lack of time & space):
  • P. alleni (alleni damsel)
  • P. fridmani (orchid dottyback)
  • C. cinctus (yellow watchman goby)
  • G. citrinus (citron goby)
  • O. rossenblati (bluespot jawfish)
  • S. nemotoptera (pajama cardinal)
  • A. flavissimus (yellow assessor)
  • S. hispidus (coral banded shrimp)
  • A. polyacanthus (spiny chromis)
  • A. akindynos (great barrier reef clownfish)
  • P. biaculeatus (Gold striped maroon clownfish)
  • S. biocellatus (twin spot goby) currently in QT
  • A. bicinctus (twoband clownfish) currently in QT
Only have ONE of the following but want to eventually raise:
  • A. latezonatus
  • A. mccullochi

Last edited:

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
DIVONA
(Gaul) A fertility Goddess associated with water and known only from inscriptions.
wow you must own Kostners waterworld lol

Woodstock

RS STAFF
DIVONA
(Gaul) A fertility Goddess associated with water and known only from inscriptions.
wow you must own Kostners waterworld lol

LOL~
Just imagine a 2 car garage FILLED with fish aquariums.... and a few inside the house also. :D

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Please tell us more about your Bluespot Jawfish Pair!

Steve! Where have you been mister?

It has been VERY difficult finding a healthy bluespot and even more difficult to get a pair going. I've FINALLY got a pair past QT that like eachother just this past month. I would put two together and remove one if aggression was displayed, then add a different one and try again.
It it cool to watch them. The male swims up and flashes white while the female watches. I noticed this morning the female has moved closer to the male's 'den'.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
It has been VERY difficult finding a healthy bluespot and even more difficult to get a pair going. I've FINALLY got a pair past QT that like eachother just this past month. I would put two together and remove one if aggression was displayed, then add a different one and try again.
It it cool to watch them. The male swims up and flashes white while the female watches. I noticed this morning the female has moved closer to the male's 'den'.

Woody? are you creating specific habitats for each breeding module? do you have to supply privacy? will you ever do a video walk about?

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
If you get the bluespots breeding and raise some, I'd have to buy one of those and the Picassos I want FOR SURE! Good luck Doni!

SeahorseBT

I am so jealous right now, you really have no idea. Do you have any pics? I would love to see them. By the way, I got a picasso from you a while ago, and he has started spawning! The oldest batch is 3 weeks old today. You have crossed picassos and regular percs right? What did their babies turn out like? Here is a pic of him and his mate
tanks1120.jpg

tanks1117.jpg

BLAKE! lol I found THE tree! I been scratching an rubbin ! How you doing? whats new and great to see you again!
I'm doing well. I have really gone into raising clowns, I have spawned and am raising Rod's Onyx, Black ocellaris, and the picasso/perc pair above. How about you?

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I am so jealous right now, you really have no idea. Do you have any pics? I would love to see them. By the way, I got a picasso from you a while ago, and he has started spawning! The oldest batch is 3 weeks old today. You have crossed picassos and regular percs right? What did their babies turn out like? Here is a pic of him and his mate

Beautiful pair!! :thumbup:

I have two breeding pairs (Snowcasso with regular perc) that produce F1 offspring. One pair the Snowcasso is a male and the other pair the Snowcasso is the female. The male Snowcasso pair produce very little picasso markings. I am still waiting to see how the fry look from the female Snowcasso pair - I'll know in about 3-4 weeks what their coloration will be. I am curious to see if the sex of the Snowcasso will make a difference.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Thanks Sassy. I can't say that I've took the time to make note of each species...
Thanks for giving me the incentive to type it up. :)

Successful beyond 90 day post settlement:
  • A. percula
  • A. ocellaris
  • H. reidi
  • H. erectus
  • P. kauderni (bangaii cardinal)
  • E. oceanops (neon goby)
  • L. boggessi (peppermint shrimp)

I have bonded/breeding pairs of and either trying to raise, waiting for spawning or ignoring spawns (lack of time & space):
  • P. alleni (alleni damsel)
  • P. fridmani (orchid dottyback)
  • C. cinctus (yellow watchman goby)
  • G. citrinus (citron goby)
  • O. rossenblati (bluespot jawfish)
  • S. nemotoptera (pajama cardinal)
  • A. flavissimus (yellow assessor)
  • S. hispidus (coral banded shrimp)
  • A. polyacanthus (spiny chromis)
  • A. akindynos (great barrier reef clownfish)
  • P. biaculeatus (Gold striped maroon clownfish)
  • S. biocellatus (twin spot goby) currently in QT
  • A. bicinctus (twoband clownfish) currently in QT
Only have ONE of the following but want to eventually raise:
  • A. latezonatus
  • A. mccullochi

That is awesome Doni, it's great to see captive breeding success in the hobby, keep up the great work !
Have you thought about rearing Centropyge Genus ?

haha, my clowns are like me ... reproduction practice is only for recreational purposes

ROTFLOL :D

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Here are some photos of the bluespot jawfish.

Male flashing in the upper left; female watching on the lower right
20110507Bluespotjawfishflashing2.jpg

20110507Bluespotjawfishflashing5.jpg

Male
20110507Bluespotjawfishflashing4.jpg

diving back down into his den
20110507Bluespotjawfishflashing.jpg

female
20110507Bluespotjawfishflashing6.jpg

SeahorseBT

That's awesome! Please keep us posted on them as well as the fry from the female snowcasso/ male perc. So by very little, do you mean you had very few picassos or very few markings on the male snowcasso/ perc female cross? I'm kinda bummed I might not get any picassos out of these guys :(. I guess we'll see.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Don't be bummed. The F1's produced are important for future breeding pairs. The percentage of grade A and Snowcassos will be low.
I do have a large female snowcasso (F1) from the male-snowcasso pair that will be breeding soon I hope.
Many of my grade B picassos are F1's.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
That is awesome Doni, it's great to see captive breeding success in the hobby, keep up the great work !
Have you thought about rearing Centropyge Genus ?

Thanks Robert :)
No, I've not thought about rearing the angels but would love to have room to try copperband butterflies (my favorite non-clownfish) :)

SeahorseBT

Don't be bummed. The F1's produced are important for future breeding pairs. The percentage of grade A and Snowcassos will be low.
I do have a large female snowcasso (F1) from the male-snowcasso pair that will be breeding soon I hope.
Many of my grade B picassos are F1's.

Really? So you did have some snowcassos/picassos from that cross? That makes me feel better! :bouncer: