Rearing Picasso Percula Clownfish!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hehehe~ You guys are almost as excited as I am :D

..Is it 5:30 yet?? These 10 hr days are way too long! I want to go home and see the babies :)

SeahorseBT

Wow, I wish I could see them in person! Meta is the hardest stage and then once they are done you are home free. Great thread, it has a lot of great info.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Spawn#3 - Post Meta - Juveniles @ 10 days old!

10 days old and growing! :D

Nikki, all of mine are through Meta now! Yippie!

I've noticed that once they develop a full face stripe, they get territorial and find a 'safe' place to stay.
They 'claim' a small area and will run off all intruders. They have selected the corners, the sides, the filter, and even the sponge...
After noticing the lack of places for them to choose, I added a plastic plant with leaves. I think it will provide plenty of spaces for them to share.

Here are some pics!! :D

This one is in HIS corner.
200807083Larvae10daysold011.jpg

This one likes the bubbles :rolleyes:
200807083Larvae10daysold014.jpg

This one likes the top of the filter. Once I turned it off to do a water change, he started exploring inside it. LOL
200807083Larvae10daysold010.jpg

200807083Larvae10daysold013.jpg

Most have partial or full head stripes now :)
200807083Larvae10daysold007.jpg

200807083Larvae10daysold006.jpg

200807083Larvae10daysold005.jpg

Last edited:

Woodstock

RS STAFF
Thanks everyone for the encouraging words! It is a lot of work but so far I am thoroughly enjoying it :dance:

Now my husband is encouraging me to raise spawn#4 but that means I will need to have a new nursery set up by this Friday! I MIGHT have room to put it beside the current nursery....

Stacef

Hey Doni, I know theres room! :D

I can see it now, just move that thing over a little, oh and that one back a little. See perfect spot for another nursery! I just solved all of your problems :D