Really big worm

CarmenH

:eek:
Anyone know what it is?
26d4c162.jpg

18e463d8.jpg

CarmenH

But any idea what kind or how "dangerous", and how big he will get? He was in my buddy's reef tank and he FINALLY caught him. I was wondering if I could put him in my softie/puffer tank. The puffer eats any clean up crew I put in; I thought this guy might be wily enough to survive? But I don't want to put my puffer at risk. He rests at night touching the rocks... Neither of us wants to kill him if we don't have to...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+3 bristleworm if you have one you have several - good members of the cuc, can get back in the rock & get debris other members of the cuc can't get too.

When they get too big, you can remove them, but if you remove a large one, you can know their are others - most tanks have a few & imo - they are good

CarmenH

With this size of worm or at his potential max size, is there any risk to a 6" puffer? I don't mind avoiding touching him, and I NEED a cleanup crew that will survive the puffer, but I don't want to risk my fish, I'm very attached :)

lzrlvr

hi i say leave them in your tank.i have a 12 gal tank with bristle worms that are at least 2 inches long and they do not hurt the fish,corals or inverts i have.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
4 inch one not really "too big" most are harmless scavengers

Bristleworms range in size from small (about 1" long) up to very large at about 20" in length or more...

Puffers do eat bristles so, I would not worry about the bristle worm getting your puffer